What Goes Here?

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
The wrecked Busa and the new Busa both are missing these fasteners, I should take a pic and will probably need to in order to be specific. I cannot find required fasteners on parts diagram on internet or at the dealer, they would go on the upper most part of the black inner panels, kind of right inside of the cowl directly opposite of the mirror mounts, is it just the standard small push pins that go here?

0045A.jpg

If I'm reading that correctly, they're just tiny black plastic push pins...

Looks like the same small push pin used everywhere, like the ones that keep the little panel under the nose in place my brother.

You should be able to find the plastic push pins at most motorcycle dealers in a 10 pack. They are the same size as the ones that secure the under tail to the body.

Thanks everyone, just wanted to verify that it was the small push pin, one parts counter guy told me that the Gen 1 Busa took 3 different size push pins so I wasn't really sure which one's were suppose to be used there. The price on these things has gotten totally out of hand, local dealers around here want 2-3 dollars a piece for these things, man I think I'll go into the plastic fastener business.

Thanks everyone, just wanted to verify that it was the small push pin, one parts counter guy told me that the Gen 1 Busa took 3 different size push pins so I wasn't really sure which one's were suppose to be used there. The price on these things has gotten totally out of hand, local dealers around here want 2-3 dollars a piece for these things, man I think I'll go into the plastic fastener business.

The larger push pins are found along each upper fairing...one on each side. Not sure of the third...can you tell I haven't looked at my Busa for a while :down:

No kidding! I can only imagine what the profit margin on those lil things must be.:banghead:

3 different sizes?

I'm with you, Michelle - I can't think of three sizes, only two...

there a b@!$% to get out

They actually aren't that bad to get out.

The tiny ones you just push the center down into the fairing about a quarter of an inch and then you can use your fingers to pull the entire piece out. The larger ones you just use a flat head screw driver on and pull the center part up about a quarter of an inch and then you can use your fingers to pull the entire piece out. :beerchug:

No kidding! I can only imagine what the profit margin on those lil things must be.:banghead:

Yeah really...I purchased all a shop had in Fayetteville while running down at Maxton. Got 7 at almost $3 each~!~

Knew it was a rip off but we were missing 1 out of each bike and I like to have extra parts~!~

Last edited:
there a b@!$% to get out

The small ones are VERY easy to remove ???

Just push in the center of the pin...then they slide right out. To reinstall, slide the center pin out of the rivet about a 1/4"...then put the rivet back in the panel that it came out of...once it's in there flush...then push the center pin in flush with the rivet. You will here a little 'snap' noise when you remove and or install these little "push pins" :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

Back