What do you think? another setback?

turbojonn

Registered
Took my bike to dyno at GC's shop. We got the 3500 rpm sputter to disappear but it fell flat on the dyno after 8000 or so. Made a sputtering 200 hp (last time I had it on the dyno it made 285 at 10k). The a/f appearred good, but just crapped after 8k. The bike has a .080 spacer, the compression averaged about 115 or so across all four. I read a post by Yag that says this normal range. I've read others that say it should be 130. I hear #'s all over the place.
I'm getting a leak down and comp. test done, but I'm sure the correctness of compression #'s aren't going to be something that the dealership will know about due to it's spacer plate. The other thing is fuel pressure. I backed out the BEGI bleed screw 1/2 turn. The pressure rises off the guage on boost. I don't know where it ends up, but it's easily over 120 lbs. This seems like way too much fuel. We think the cams may be off so I'm having the dealership look into that too.

Questions in a nut-shell:

1. What cranking comp. should I see with a .080 spacer?
2. What fuel pressure should I see at boost (15lbs)?
3. Do you think it will run better if I just stuff twenties into
the exhaust pipe? I think I can cram about 2 or 3 thousand
worth in there.

Thanks Bert. I'll call you today mid-day and if I don't get you I'll call you around 5or 6...YOU ROCK!!!

Hope you get it worked out John, if not I'm going to spank you with my NOS!
tounge.gif

I haven't even taken it off of the trailer. I set up an appointment with the same shop that originally degreed the cams back in 99. I'm going to have them check it all out and fix whatever isn't right. I could give it a shot but then I'd take twice as long and probably end up spending more. When my project house sells I'll feel less broke. I might even get water injection.
Me getting this bike has been a bit like a caveman getting keys to a car. I've got some of it figured out, but it has never been a simple plug and play deal. Now it will take maps, so when the fueling and top end problems are ruled out or fixed I'll be able to have a nice, smooth and rideabel bike that will INIHILATE one certain red busa. I'm not sayin' which one it is, but it has a fish on the side of it. I'm gonna' peel that fish right off the bike when I blow by it. O.K., in reality I probably won't. I'm one of those 'safe and sane' riders that pisses off riding groups. I'll be the guy in the back hoping that everyone is being careful. But if I get too far behind I can catch up really, really quick.

Back