What do you do with your helmet???

Busa429

Registered
Every other bike I've had before my Busa had a locking hook or at least a place to hang my helmet when I'm parked.  I'm really surprised that the Busa doesn't have that.  

What does everyone else do with their helmets when they're parked?

the busa has it too, under the pass seat at the left hand side. you can see the cut on the hump for the helmet where the straps goes.

You can still hang two helmets with the Hump as well... there are notches just for this and they work quite well...

smile.gif

Most other bikes have little somewhat cheap hooks (at least mine did), but the Busa actually has quite nice sturdy ones

The hooks work well, but the strap on my Arai helmet is so short that it is a Pain-In-The-A$$ to get on/off the hook.

I usually just carry mine with me.
wink.gif

Guys/gals they make a "T" extender just for this.....

Simple set up, plus makes locking your helmet up so much easier! Check them out

One other kind thats sort of interesting but not sure if it could work is HERE

<!--EDIT|ks-waterbug
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082816027 -->

596492.jpg

I just take mine with me when I park it. Something else I don't want anybody to steal that gets the fancy!

one snip and your helmet's gone. Just like there are bike thieves
there are those who prefer smaller/less involved thieving. Here in
NC there is a helmet law, so It'd be kinda messed up to have the
big beautiful Busa and no way to rider her home
mad.gif

I just take mine with me when I park it.  Something else I don't want anybody to steal that gets the fancy!
Funny that you should mention that BigBS. Here where I live, no one will even f&ck with your helmet. I have left my helmet on my bike and have gone in the mall for hours and the helmet is still there. It may be a little crazy, but my helmet stays on my bike. Now with my custom painted helmet, I tend to carry it with me because I would be sick if I lost that one...
wink.gif

Brian

yep.. i used the hooks once i think.. kinda a pain with the short shoei strap... plus I was worried about it the whole time so I just take it with me now.

I hear 'ya, BA! Mine doesn't have the custom feel and KS doesn't have a helmet law, but I would be ad as the dickens if it were gone when I went back to my bike! Sounds like you got it pretty good down there!

I just take mine with................hate to see it dissappear just because someone took a shine to it..................

Ok, I admit it.... Kind of depends where and who I'm with as to where I leave my helmet. Sometimes I lock it up and sometimes I take it with me.

Should I guess what color stitching you are going with?
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082819696 -->

I take mine with me every time I park. I'm not giving any thief the chance to steel my helmet.
wink.gif
Yeah, but they stole your bike and tried to sell it on ebay.
laugh.gif
Man, I still can't get over that poop. I'm just curious if the auction was up long enough to get any takers? Your bike is so sweet-lookin' that I'll bet if it was up for a fair amount of time, the scammer bastard would have made a killing.

Brian

Back