What Do You Do For A Living

Closed out 13 years of motorcycle tours yesterday. Have now led 1.3 Million combined miles of guided tours.

Are you kidding me, I never made it out there for a ride with you... This was on my bucket list...

me chef.jpg

Executive corporate chef for an upscale* retirement living dining room.

cheers
ken

* "upscale" means everyone over seventy like everything well done. LOL

Just got a promotion, went from Sr. Database Administrator to Manager, Data Operations. Basically, part time DBA, part time manager. I have three great people on my team.

I am a precision button pusher for a major US airline. Technically, a Captain on Airbus A319, A320, and A321s (149-228 seats fyi). Also, a small biz owner.
Btw, used to own an aircraft restoration company, so yea, an A&P too. We have had some really fun stuff come through the shop including a Staggerwing and a PBY!
I still get on the big yeller 'Bus to get my speed fix though.
Troy

I am a precision button pusher for a major US airline. Technically, a Captain on Airbus A319, A320, and A321s (149-228 seats fyi). Also, a small biz owner.
Btw, used to own an aircraft restoration company, so yea, an A&P too. We have had some really fun stuff come through the shop including a Staggerwing and a PBY!
I still get on the big yeller 'Bus to get my speed fix though.
Troy

There are several A&Ps here; some of us work for the airlines, some contractors - where I work there are two sides, military helicopter support and a 121s centered around a 340, couple of 320s, 319s, citation and gulfstreams...

There are several A&Ps here; some of us work for the airlines, some contractors - where I work there are two sides, military helicopter support and a 121s centered around a 340, couple of 320s, 319s, citation and gulfstreams...

Sounds like the ramp of a Saudi Prince!
Troy

I'm the logistics manager at a factory that (until recently) produced steam turbines for nuclear and coal-fired power plants, as well as complete gas turbine engines for combined cycle power plants. We could do some amazing things. One of my favorites is that we could overspeed balance a 350-ton turbine rotor at more than 4000 RPM to a runout of less than 1/19th the thickness of an average human hair. Those rotors would then be bolted together in a series like shown below with the intent of running non-stop for 18 months at a time between refueling outages.

14900618_1001445199977413_290380372598539189_n.jpg

Here's the missing rotor from the above picture unpacked and waiting to be offloaded from its railcar. This one is the "small" high pressure rotor. The three low pressure rotors already installed are significantly larger.

13415474_895019450619989_4929053167619720282_o%201.jpg

When in operation this unit will have nearly 2 Million pounds of metal spinning at 1800 RPMs and producing over a gigawatt of electricity. Fun stuff.

Oh, and the mothership has decided to close our location, so I'm back on the market.

Last edited:
Well, up until this past April I worked for Caterpillar, building 3500 and C175 engines. But when the bottom fell out of the oil drilling industry I got tired of the uncertainty so left that job after 9 years and had less seniority than the day I started! Now I inspect and test Legacys, Outbacks, and Imprezas at Subaru. Been there since April and already have 4x's as many people below me than I ever did at Cat! We just startes building the Impreza here in the US and will be producing a currently unnamed 7 passenger crossover for 2018/19. I know it's not a fancy engineering job or some of the other cool poop you guys get to do but for getting to drive brand new cars all day long for close to 30 bucks and hour it's hard to beat!

I was a Field Service Controls Engineer until I blew out my knee for the last time. Now semi retired. was a CRSO of a gun range here now do reloading for a high school buddies gun shop but looking to go back to work as a Field Service Engineer. I am BORED

I'm the logistics manager at a factory that (until recently) produced steam turbines for nuclear and coal-fired power plants, as well as complete gas turbine engines for combined cycle power plants. We could do some amazing things. One of my favorites is that we could overspeed balance a 350-ton turbine rotor at more than 4000 RPM to a runout of less than 1/19th the thickness of an average human hair. Those rotors would then be bolted together in a series like shown below with the intent of running non-stop for 18 months at a time between refueling outages.

View attachment 1569528

Here's the missing rotor from the above picture unpacked and waiting to be offloaded from its railcar. This one is the "small" high pressure rotor. The three low pressure rotors already installed are significantly larger.

View attachment 1569529

When in operation this unit will have nearly 2 Million pounds of metal spinning at 1800 RPMs and producing over a gigawatt of electricity. Fun stuff.

Oh, and the mothership has decided to close our location, so I'm back on the market.
This looks like awesome stuff. I would be be like a kid in a candy store. That type of environment is exciting to me.

View attachment 1569528

View attachment 1569529

That amazing dude!

Back