What Do You Do For A Living

I almost sorta make a living as a teacher K-12.

Did the teacher thing for 16 years and then transitioned over to IT in the schools for an additional 15 years. 31 years and out. Currently, retired (and no teacher's in Kentucky don't get "pensions", we get guarantee annuity payments based on years and the 11-12.5% of our pay that we put into the system.) Doing part time work now at H&H Racing as electronics/dyno tuner and Uber driver. Or I could just say professional Land Speed Racer. :banana:

I worked in a district in WI that also did the annuity thing. Pitifully low starting pay---actually NOT enough to live on through the summer. You would need to find a decent paying summer job and if you had children of your own--forget it. Needless to say, there is huge turnover rate there. I've done many kinds of work. I was illustrator for 9 years which many people would think to be a very cool job. I still enjoy teaching far better than anything I've done. Even though it can be a little tough financially, I don't envy people who are in more lucrative fields. Life is too short.

Duke Willie Cooper.jpg

Job...aahhhh Good 4 nuthin' lay-about. "Retired" if you wanna call it that since 2006. Unfortunately it'll be back to work for me. Perhaps something in the facinating food service field...or a career in the Custodial Arts.
Rubb.

Network something or other is the official title. But I do pretty much anything that falls into my lap. Also try to buy/sell assets on the side which sometimes works in my favor.

LEO 30 years and counting. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...lol
It really is fascinating to me how that there are so many completely different professions and back grounds with people literally from all over the world who would ordinarily never interact with each but for a common shared passion. Or as my wife would say, obsession. Just goes to show that maybe we aren't that different after all.

LEO 30 years and counting. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...lol
It really is fascinating to me how that there are so many completely different professions and back grounds with people literally from all over the world who would ordinarily never interact with each but for a common shared passion. Or as my wife would say, obsession. Just goes to show that maybe we aren't that different after all.
If you go read some of the political threads....there are many differences...but we all gravitate to our love-the Hayabusa...even people who moved away from the Hayabusa stay around...

Just scrolling through and decided to throw myself in. I am a grapple operator for a steel mill. I also do side work sometimes cleaning up after natural disasters. I have to find some way to buy stuff for the bike so whatever comes my way I'll usually jump on it.

I was a newspaper advertising designer, previuosly, a printer. I had my trade ticket and my BFA. It paid well... then when the time came when I could "retire early", I did. Fucked right off. Been retired now almost 14 years. And you have to have toys.

Back