What car screams 80's

methodicreign

Registered
I've been having this discussion with my buddies lately. What car just screams the 80's. What car could anyone look at and just think 80's.
My answer is the DeLorean, for obvious reasons.

The 5.0L is definitely a top 5 for sure. There was much heated debate on that car in my group of friends at the pub. :beerchug:

I'll throw in my 78 model Z car...a little after her time, but still.

78zcar1.jpg

zcar9.jpg

zcar5.jpg

zcar6.jpg

zcar15.jpg

Lambo Countach! We all had the poster, don't lie. You remember...the one next to the Samantha Fox and Van Halen posters! Lol
Troy

Bots old ride, the Suzuki Samurai :rofl:

Ride or die, right Bots!
lol that was my first car in 1987. it was actually my mothers ride. if she only knew how I use to hit jumps in the sand dunes near my house she wudda killed me lol. it was like a big quad with a cage....:laugh:

Here are some for ya. The SVO mustang was a beast if built correctly and it didn't take it much to get there. 2.3L turbo 5 spd.

car.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

Mustang SVO was first thing that came to my mind. I had an '86 that I bought in '87. Would eat Camaros for breakfast. High (for that time) HP and lightweight. Turbo would pull hard through all gears. If you worked the clutch right you could engage the turbo while sitting at a stoplight and smoke the tires into 2nd.

I had the fastest car around till one day on the highway I was dumb enough to accept the challenge from some random black car with black wheels. Blew me away like I was sitting still.

Few days later I found out about the Grand National. Sold the SVO the next day.

For me what "screams 80's": DeLorean, Countache and Stingray in that order.

Last edited:
Back