What brand helmet do you like and why?

IMXCITD

Registered
Heya guys...I am getting back into the bike scene after being gone for 20 years. New busa on the way (black) and am researching helmets. Use to have a Bell and Arai back in the day.

Tell me what helmet you have and why you like it over the others.

thanks for your help!

I've had my Shoei for over two years and it still fits just like the day I got it. Arai is good. I don't think Bell is as good a product as it was back in the day.

Thanks Ray! Do you just go down the the dealer to buy a helmet...or are there deals to be had?

thanks!
I bought mine from the dealer because I wanted the one that matched my Busa. The board sponsors offer good deals. Just check out the list on the forum front page. I would highly recommend contackting VMAN1300 (Kevin) ar MrCycles.

Newenough.com is my favorite internet site for buying gear.

http://www.newenough.com/helmets_eyewear/all_types/shoei/

Good luck
beerchug.gif

I would like to have an Arai, but they are kind of expensive. I have an Icon, and i love it. Its not as light as the Arai, but its not bad, and its got a lot of padding in it so its pretty comfortable.

Thanks Ray! Do you just go down the the dealer to buy a helmet...or are there deals to be had?

thanks!
Go to the dealer and try on everything you can get your hands on and look at the prices, decide what you like then go on-line and shop around,price compare, ebay etc. You'll realize the savings fast.

New Enough has the HJC AC12 in close outs for 99.00. Have heard good things about it.

Compacc.com has great deals on Shoei RF 1000, 299.00 for some designs. That is where I got my new lid last month. Like this Shoei, very aerodynamic, awesome finish.

I tried on an Arai Profile, the best fitting helmet I ever put on my head, just couldnt afford one right now.

Good luck.
smile.gif

New Enough has the HJC AC12 in close outs for 99.00. Have heard good things about it.

Compacc.com has great deals on Shoei RF 1000, 299.00 for some designs. That is where I got my new lid last month. Like this Shoei, very aerodynamic, awesome finish.

I tried on an Arai Profile, the best fitting helmet I ever put on my head, just couldnt afford one right now.

Good luck.  
smile.gif
Arai Profiles are about 350 to 400 on e-bay.
That's not to bad...
sadnews.gif

cheers
ken

Arai FWIW. Fits well, and has saved the lives of a few of my friends including myself.

A Busa after being out of motorcycles for 20 years?
rock.gif

You make want to get a slightly slower bike to sharpen those skills first.  It's going to feel like a first bike syndrone.  But to your credit you probally have some street skills to help you start out (I hope).

EXO-700 here too. LOVE the fog free shield and it vents well also. Works well with eyeglasses and the snap and pull tab on the neck strap is handy. I also like my old HJC CL14 but it is a bit heavy and doesn't vent worth a damn and is harder on eyeglasses. It has better aeros behind the fairing on my 82 CBX though as compared to the EXO. On my naked 79 X it doesn't seem to matter which helmet I wear. The interior of the 14 does seems more plush than the 700. Probably by the summer of '09 I may be in the market again. The new EXOs are pretty cool.

http://www.newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/1041

There are still CL14s available but in limited sizes.

http://www.ridersdiscount.com/street-gear/helmets-full-face/7293.php

Good luck.  
smile.gif
They also have the CL15s for $69!  My daughter loves hers, riding her nekkid SV650.  Even rode 240 miles in a heavy rain with it and except for a sometimes foggy shield it worked very well.

http://www.newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/358

beerchug.gif
Love my scorpion. The only helmet I have tried that with no extra inserts or anything FOG FREE. Price isn't bad either

beerchug.gif
Love my scorpion.  The only helmet I have tried that with no extra inserts or anything FOG FREE.  Price isn't bad either
Me too !! For the $$ you CAN'T beat it. Hold it up to an Arai, they look alot a like. (I'm not saying Scorpion is as good, but) Kinda windy, which is GREAT in the summer. I do think that Scorpion has the best shields, as far as foging up goes.

i went for fit, venting, light weight, a removable washable liner, and ended up with an arai rx7 corsair. i wanted my budget to be in the $300 range but for the fit on MY shaped head i had to up to $500 for the arai. remember you have to be comfortable, the helmet is your cockpit.

I love my AGV, and the wife's is pink to match. I have had HJC and Fox for off-road. All of those brands are inexpensive and decent helmets.

But, if I had the money to spend, i'd go for a Suomy. Supposedly they rate very well on the crash tests, and they have some insane graphics!

Back