What are we becoming? We determine the outcome!

Wooooo Hooooooooo! Yeaaaaahhhhhh! Now lets the real madness begin! I'm in Captain!!! Now who's bike is ready for the spring...East Coast chime in!!! Let the mods begin :laugh:

Thank you Captain,
I think this should transcend the org and become a part of our daily walk in this life, I myself am a christian but not always a good one.
Someone once told me the Church is a hospital for sinners, not a shrine for Saints. I could always use a little Healing of my soul.
thanks again.

Where is MCMustang anyway? I haven't seen him on here lately. Is he deployed? And where is Rubb?

Hope I haven't been out of line. Just that I am interested in religion, economics,American history, and politics as well as fast precision machinery like the Busa. A word to the wise is sufficient, so will stick with Busa related topics from now on.:spank:
well actually he didnt say we couldn't talk religion...we just can't bash God:beerchug: He isn't trying to tell us what to and what not to talk about....he's tired of the attacks and degrading comments that tend to get stirred up in political threads.

He isn't trying to tell us what to and what not to talk about....he's tired of the attacks and degrading comments that tend to get stirred up in political threads.

That's how I read it. We've had (and still sometimes have) very civil discussions about religion, politics, etc. There are just too many times when people go overboard and make inflammatory comments for whatever reason.

That kind of thing serves no purpose.

--Wag--

Cap

I'm still pretty new around here, great forum; in fact if it wasn't for the ORG, I may not have ridden a Busa.

What you are trying to accomplish may not be easy though, as there are always a small percentage who are left field and a small percentage who are right field, they influence some of the direction. With new members, we don't know what we get, until we have some experience.

I guess it comes to the leaders and the Admin, to manage the culture by setting us straight when we lose the path. Do you have a linky, so we know who they are?

To me, the greatest value is meeting people in person; not too easy to do for a newby if there are few riders in his area. Is, there a possibility to have "Regional" leaders who can make an effort to organize more meet and greets, to get folks together? Once one knows someone, it is much easier to add value to the ORG.

Congrats on having a good thing going here!!

Will Martins

Yes Sir, I agree & if anyone doesn't, I will have my big ferocious Pit Bulls lick them to death. Times have been tough & I think it is taking an emotional toll on some. Sorry if anyone has been offended by any of my posts.

Do we still have the BAN GANG :laugh:

Last edited:
Cap

I'm still pretty new around here, great forum; in fact if it wasn't for the ORG, I may not have ridden a Busa.

What you are trying to accomplish may not be easy though, as there are always a small percentage who are left field and a small percentage who are right field, they influence some of the direction. With new members, we don't know what we get, until we have some experience.

I guess it comes to the leaders and the Admin, to manage the culture by setting us straight when we lose the path. Do you have a linky, so we know who they are?

To me, the greatest value is meeting people in person; not too easy to do for a newby if there are few riders in his area. Is, there a possibility to have "Regional" leaders who can make an effort to organize more meet and greets, to get folks together? Once one knows someone, it is much easier to add value to the ORG.

Congrats on having a good thing going here!!

Will Martins

Welcome to the org Will

All we are asking and expecting is for everyone to be courteous and respectful of each other.

Most people will treat each other properly in person. It is the anonymity of the internet that makes people often more aggressive and empowers people to act in away they normally wouldn’t.

Bottom line is we are not going to tolerate this type of mindset. Any activities that do not show proper respect to one another, or seem to have been posted for no other reason than to incite anger will be addressed.

The thread or post will be whacked and the member warned. if we see a pattern with the same user their account will be banned.

We have the ability to detect multiple accounts and new accounts being created by a user who has been banned will immediately be banned.

As long as a person is respectful and thoughtful of others, they wont have a problem. If someone isn’t, they don’t belong on this board anyway and they need to go elsewhere.

I hope this helps clarify a little

Last edited:
2. Religion........ I hear one negative word about my one and only GOD then just expect your account to go.... If you don't like it and can't hold your words then go open your own athiest Busa forum... It seems there are a lot of you out there! I will not allow your smart alec comments to be a part of this site any longer.

Cap

I suspect a lot of these smart alec comments would disappear if those on the other side of the aisle would refrain from proselytizing so much.

We're all here because we share one common interest. If maintaining membership requires sharing two...particularly one of a personal nature of this magnitude, it may not be worthwhile to continue participation.

I've been a member of a number of message boards for a number of years, and they all have their own distinct cultures. If hayabusa.org is to be known only as a gathering place of hayabusa owners - who also have to practice evangelical Christianity, or at a minimum read a lot about it, it is unfortunate, because there are a lot of quality voices out there regardless of personal religous belief (I know that's tough to belive for many).

We become better individually, and collectively, by listening and thinking about thoughts, experiences, and beliefs that are different than the ones we were raised with, or developed while surrounding ourselves with people "just like us". That doesn't mean we have to agree with anything and everything we are exposed to, it most certainly means we should not feel censored into silence when someone communicates a thought or belief we disagree with. A respectful rebuttal to provide a different point of view to consider should not be discouraged.

I hope I read this excerpt I quoted from Captain as not being in conflict with the paragraph I wrote above. I do from time to time try to add value to topics here when it seems appropriate.

I've enjoyed my short time here, and enjoyed those I've interacted with. I hope to be able to continue participating, but I understand that in the end this is a community that functions under the authority of someone who may not respect our differences. If my continued participation is not welcome, I'll wish you all the best in advance.

Best wishes to you as well Captain. I write this because I'd like to see you and this community continue to thrive...not because I disagree with your statement that this is your board and you can do what you want with it.

Sounds good..

I take it that arguing about whether a chic is hot or not is still on the table? :laugh:

Yes, and Danica Patrick "is" a hottie.....and red and black 05' "is" the fastest color...... :super: :super: :super:

I suspect a lot of these smart alec comments would disappear if those on the other side of the aisle would refrain from proselytizing so much.

We're all here because we share one common interest. If maintaining membership requires sharing two...particularly one of a personal nature of this magnitude, it may not be worthwhile to continue participation.

I've been a member of a number of message boards for a number of years, and they all have their own distinct cultures. If hayabusa.org is to be known only as a gathering place of hayabusa owners - who also have to practice evangelical Christianity, or at a minimum read a lot about it, it is unfortunate, because there are a lot of quality voices out there regardless of personal religous belief (I know that's tough to belive for many).

We become better individually, and collectively, by listening and thinking about thoughts, experiences, and beliefs that are different than the ones we were raised with, or developed while surrounding ourselves with people "just like us". That doesn't mean we have to agree with anything and everything we are exposed to, it most certainly means we should not feel censored into silence when someone communicates a thought or belief we disagree with. A respectful rebuttal to provide a different point of view to consider should not be discouraged.

I hope I read this excerpt I quoted from Captain as not being in conflict with the paragraph I wrote above. I do from time to time try to add value to topics here when it seems appropriate.

I've enjoyed my short time here, and enjoyed those I've interacted with. I hope to be able to continue participating, but I understand that in the end this is a community that functions under the authority of someone who may not respect our differences. If my continued participation is not welcome, I'll wish you all the best in advance.

Best wishes to you as well Captain. I write this because I'd like to see you and this community continue to thrive...not because I disagree with your statement that this is your board and you can do what you want with it.

He did not mean people have to be Christian. There are alot of religion backgrounds here and lack of religion. Many I call friends regardless. We can have respectful conversations about it and even had a few laughs about it. Cap. is only wanting mutual respect. I think this is also what your getting at as well.:beerchug:

Back