What are the weird things I see on my IR cameras?

+1

I have a gravel drive and the dust lingers what seems like forever in front of my IR cameras. Kinda had me thinking the first few times it happened also.

Ever have spiders sit on the lense and have dinner~?~

I have never had them have dinner, but I do often have them try and build webs.

I hate to do it but I have to always take a broom to the web. my cameras record on motion so when they are building the web it is constantly recording.

I have never had them have dinner, but I do often have them try and build webs.

I hate to do it but I have to always take a broom to the web. my cameras record on motion so when they are building the web it is constantly recording.

I had to turn motion off because of the wind. Recorded all the time anyway, LoL

If I turned down the sensitivity then it wouldn't record the stuff I actually needed. Get about 8 days loop with constant high res record

They are entities from another dimension picked up by the IR wavelength emitted by your cameras. If you leave it on long enough, they might enter our dimension and wreak havoc with the space time continuum. Whatever you do, don't go outside when you see these creatures because once you are in the IR, you can be consumed.

I concur :laugh:

I am thinking most of it is dust. but some of them are a little larger and actually move in a direction. I am thinking those are just bugs I am picking up. It is cool to watch all the bugs, cats and other animals that come out when they think no one is watching.

The other benafit is I have three dogs, kept finding crap on the back patio.

You really hate to discipline all the dogs when you dont know which one it is. After I put my cameras up I was able to see which one was doing it. and was able to correct the problem.

Also caught my pool guy going through some of my stuff on the side of the house. It wasnt anything important so I never said anything about it, that was fun to watch.

It is cool to watch all the bugs, cats and other animals that come out when they think no one is watching.

Also caught my pool guy going through some of my stuff on the side of the house. It wasnt anything important so I never said anything about it, that was fun to watch.

Tell me about it...I just watched a deer go through about 15 minutes ago.

Problem with my pool is...no one wants to skinny dip...camera shy~!~ LMAO

I get them on mine as well...since I have mine set up in the woods, I just say they are ghost.

I have seen a few pics on my Step Dads camera and they are ghost also.

But for real....I am not sure. I have just a still camera and have it set to take multiple pics and it will get triggered than in the middle of a few pics there will be a flying thing?...maybe moth? some are too small some are too big? some are close..some are far.

Ill dig around later and see if I kept any of them.

Problem with my pool is...no one wants to skinny dip...camera shy~!~ LMAO

Get a spa, heat it up and set a glass of wine on the edge.. you might catch some unsuspecting female that cant resist.. have to bait them females sometimes you know :laugh:

I get them on mine as well...since I have mine set up in the woods, I just say they are ghost.

I have seen a few pics on my Step Dads camera and they are ghost also.

But for real....I am not sure. I have just a still camera and have it set to take multiple pics and it will get triggered than in the middle of a few pics there will be a flying thing?...maybe moth? some are too small some are too big? some are close..some are far.

Ill dig around later and see if I kept any of them.

I will see if I can get a couple of good recordings and convert them to a WMV file and post em up

Last edited:
I think snow is one of the neatest things to watch through the cams. Very entrancing~!~ :laugh:

:rulez::rulez::rulez:

post-13-40248-useless.jpg

its probably mosquitos picking up on the heat from it? I see them on my cameras too...

I believe he's talking about the very fine particals (1000's of them) that wave flow across the screen (looks kinda like a ghost like other have mentioned).

They sort of float around or across

I am thinking most of it is dust. but some of them are a little larger and actually move in a direction. I am thinking those are just bugs I am picking up. It is cool to watch all the bugs, cats and other animals that come out when they think no one is watching.

Ok some might be dust but don't be fooled some are NSA powered micro UAVs. I am telling you get that foil hat on! Hurry!

Back