What a third gear wheelie looks like from on board

If you put an 18 on your stock busa, every kid in town will pass you on a 600
biggrin.gif

Really, if you gear it up and don't add HP to pull it, accelleration will be considerably slower and top end will also be slower. You'll be very disappointed. You may just as well put a 250 pound fat chick on the back?
Have you tried it?

biggrin.gif

Really, if you gear it up and don't add HP to pull it, accelleration will be considerably slower and top end will also be slower. You'll be very disappointed. You may just as well put a 250 pound fat chick on the back?
Have you tried it?
Yea, did that Fat Chick really effect anything  
laugh.gif

Really, we want to know how her rear effected your drive  
tounge.gif

biggrin.gif

I agree...

biggrin.gif

I agree...
I have plenty O power and it is NOT an issue for me.

I had a friend recommend that I try it on my stocker, never did get around to it.

All the nay sayers, HAVE YOU TRIED IT?

If you haven't, then your opinon is nothing more than speculation....

What are tonights lotto numbers?
egitarre77.gif

biggrin.gif

I agree...
You're as much an idiot as he is then!

First of all, a 600 has NO chance of pulling a Busa with an 18 tooth fron t sprocket.
Secondly, it will NOT influence the bike's top speed, as it won't pull the limiter with stock gearing either.

Acceleration is exactly the same once you get the clutch out.

Don't talk about things as fact if you haven't tried them...

biggrin.gif

I agree...

First of all, a 600 has NO chance of pulling a Busa with an 18 tooth fron t sprocket.
Secondly, it will NOT influence the bike's top speed, as it won't pull the limiter with stock gearing either.

If going down a tooth on the front increases your low end acceleration then adding a tooth would have the opposite effect wouldnt it. Im sorry but when you change the gear ratio it changes the acceleration. OH and BTW my 02 would pull to the limiter with stock gearing until i bought a TRE then no limiter anymore.....so there goes that theory..

Now I don't know and I really don't give a shid but a board member once said that the original pre production busa (99) had an 18 up front and it was said to hit near if not 200. Now a may be wrong but that is what I think I remember and feel free to correct me. But if thats the case how could a 18 make you slower. Plus my gixxer 1k (05) has a very tall 1st gear and has all kinds of power but my bus I feel has more grunt. My bus is a 00 and I sometimes want to change the front to an 18 for top end but I really don't need to. Who knows maybe one day I will.

biggrin.gif

I agree...

If going down a tooth on the front increases your low end acceleration then adding a tooth would have the opposite effect wouldnt it. Im sorry but when you change the gear ratio it changes the acceleration. OH and BTW my 02 would pull to the limiter with stock gearing until i bought a TRE then no limiter anymore.....so there goes that theory..
Your bike would pull to the SPEED limiter, not the REV limiter.
If you put a TRE on it, it will not pull to the rev limiter, doesn't have enough power.

If you put a 18 tooth front sprocket on it, it will still pull to the same speed, but at a lower rpm.

As for acceleration, going down one tooth on the sprocket will affect the acceleration, but only in the first 500 or so rpms of acceleration until the difference in gearing is made up. After that, the acceleration rate is exactly the same, as you have not changed your power level.

Now, if you guys still want to argue differently, then by all means, go ahead and show how stupid you are. Arguing with facts is plain stupid, especially when you're arguing myth vs fact. If you want, I can get very technical on you.

biggrin.gif

I agree...

Your bike would pull to the SPEED limiter, not the REV limiter.
If you put a TRE on it, it will not pull to the rev limiter, doesn't have enough power.

If you put a 18 tooth front sprocket on it, it will still pull to the same speed, but at a lower rpm.

As for acceleration, going down one tooth on the sprocket will affect the acceleration, but only in the first 500 or so rpms of acceleration until the difference in gearing is made up. After that, the acceleration rate is exactly the same, as you have not changed your power level.

Now, if you guys still want to argue differently, then by all means, go ahead and show how stupid you are. Arguing with facts is plain stupid, especially when you're arguing myth vs fact.  If you want, I can get very technical on you.
Danno, please do. I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything....I would really like to learn more.

(pulls up a seat with notebook)

Back