What a night

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
Well I have been riding my bike to work all week with no problems. Today I ride to work with my buddy on his 600 at about 2pm and it is hotter than hell outside. We get to work and he asked why I was leaving my helmet outside on my bike. I replied that I always do, then he tells me it might rain. Well at 8pm I go to lunch, still no rain
smile.gif
Then at 9:00 I hear thunder, but I can't see outside because of the part of the building I work in. Then at 9:30 I was adding some chemicals to a batch, when all of the sudden the entire second floor wall is ripped off the building and I am looking outside at this storm. I immediatly run to the phone and call security and shut everything down. About an hour later I remember my bike sitting outside and take off running to a window to check on it....it was still standing to my suprise. Finally 11:30pm comes and it is time to go home. I get on my wet bike and put my wet helmet on and ride in the rain for a little while, then it stopped raining and the road was dry. We are almost home cruising about 120 down this country road that we ride everyday trying to beat the storm and what do I see sitting on the side of the road? A cop...... By this time I really wanted to get home before the storm hit, so I waved to my buddy to GO! At first I thought he stopped (then I remembered I was on a Busa). I made it to my house and parked in the garage and 2-way my buddy to make sure he made it home. Anyways, I am just glad to be home and out of that storm and work.

Glad to hear you got home OK ! I know Tornados can ruin your day
wink.gif
 much less your bike
cool.gif

ripped the side of the building off and didnt even tip over the busa
rock.gif
  very lucky indeed
I couldn't believe it. I guess somebody was looking after her. The building is just sheet metal (or something similar to it) on the top half of the wall. It took out at least a 20'X180' section and scattered it everywhere.

Wind was probably pushing the bike to the stand side. Either way, its cool the bike didn't tip. I always close the shield so if it rains it has a better chance of staying dry.

Great advertisment for the kickstand mod!!! Glad to hear you are ok and made it home. Tornado's are very serious buisness!!!

Back