What a Joke (zx12r)

Actually, this whole zx12 thing is kind of sad. Prior to buying my bus in April of 99 I owned a kwak for 7 years, and had no problem selling it (almost immediately for nearly 80 percent of what I bought it for.) I was actually looking forward to company at the top of the food chain, but as soon as I saw the zx12 at the NY/Javitz show I was saddened,,, what a shoddy slapped together piece of machinery. Can any of you guys remember the feeling of awe that the zx11, the hayabusa or the hurricane inspired first time you laid eyes on them? I am not bashing the zx12, I was just let down by the bike (it just seemed recycled in thought and design,) and did not 'move' me. It's all about emotion,,, isn't it???

By the way, does anybody know how much power a pipe really adds to a 12R? I have heard from 5 - 15.

Just wondering. I'm not buying a 12.

I heard that the INS is going to pull a raid on all ZX12 and Hayabusa owners house and take the bikes back to their respected home land Japan and make all owners of Japanese bikes buy American Harleys and Indians.Hey can we all GET ALONG,MY 2cents,both bikes are great "Hayabusa/ZX12 and even the XX" so what is it to vent your dislike for either bikes,we should be all glad that we can own and ride these bikes before the American justice system take them away,First the guns than everything else we follow.Ride safe you all!!!!!!

Todd “My specialty happens to be facts†aka “the tattlerâ€:

Read your last post? You are actually babbling about funds availability policies and using time and dates to try to prove what? That you are an idiot who tattles on people like a six year old? Newsflash Judge Judy, funds availability laws do not apply. Do you know why? Because what you are doing is technically interstate gaming and unless you have a license it is against the law. Even if you did have a license (which you don’t) Bill would have 30 days for interstate payment unless stipulated otherwise in the contract (which would be posts on the internet Hahahaha). After the initial 30 he would have an additional 10 days to respond to Nick’s demand letter and either cure the debt or face service of Nick’s complaint to the court. I think that it is pretty obvious that Bill made his payment within a reasonable time frame and that your “specialty†actually happens to be making an *** out of yourself.

Remember Todd “Oh my god, is in the detailsâ€! Hahahahahaha

[Begin Review]

You're so pathetic you don't even warrant a response but I pity you and you're turning blue holding your breath for my attention - so here is a crumb. It appears to be unanimous that you will in fact retain your title as the number one SITE IDIOT. Clap! clap! clap! clap! (I thought you would like that) The only person currently trash posting on Busa sites that even comes close would be FK on Labusas. I'm sure that pleases you since that is in fact your intention. Sadly you have the mind of a disturbed child and that is why you are treated as such. Post all the garbage you want - we know better than to take you seriously and we know what to expect. Too predictable. Your frivolous absurdity may be entertaining to some newbies. I find it [yawn] boring. If you intend to continue to amuse me you will need to put forth a little more effort. Remember the talk we had about you coming up with some new material? I thought you were going to reduce the cutting and pasting of old posts over and over?

I will say this - I can always tell when I've hit the mark when you start having your spastic tantrums. It's a perfect indicator. Your antics became old and predictable about 6 months ago - no one cares anymore. Maybe you need a new agent? You're in a rut and require creative inspiration.

Now make that last since that is all you will get for a while - I require a challenge not a lost cause. Keep your head up and go get em' Spanky!

[End Review]

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 27 April 2000).]

Ninjadude,

Why are you such a condescending *** to everyone?

“Now let’s see if we can get 50 more members who have never even ridden the 12 explain why they know that CW is lying about the 12 being limited…… First show me where I stated that I owned a 12? I can show you where I stated that I had no intention of buying one this year…… I have also stated on numerous occasions that I may purchase a Hayabusaâ€

So what this leads me to believe is that you should take your own advise and shut your mouth. You own neither bike but seem to be the expert on them. At least the 50 more members at least have one of the two bikes. You have neither.

“I can assure you that if and when I do buy another new bike top speed will not be the deciding factor. Do you know why Dana? Because unlike many of you I am honest with myself. I realize that I generally do not even get my bike over 90mph on my commute to work.â€

Well then it sounds like a Katana 600 would fit your needs quite well. We are the ones who are honest with ourselves. We bought a bike to own the fastest bike (production) on the planet. End of story.

“My brother in law calls the dyno in his shop the “cash cowâ€â€

Oh, so you have seen dyno runs being done. And your brother-in-law has shop. So you are an expert by association. If that makes you an expert, **** I must then be like a motorcycle god if knowledge comes from just knowing someone who has motorcycle/engine building/racing experience.

“I know that you are a rocket scientist but re-read your own half-baked litmus test. How would a dyno unearth a limitation with the gearing?â€

Maybe you need to read a little more concisely. I was not talking about if the bike wasn’t geared properly on this test or didn’t have enough power to run faster with air drag. This test would flush out if there was a speed limited on the 12.

“Feel stupid yet?â€

No. You should though because reading is a simple task.

“You are so delusional that some of you think that CW is part of the conspiracy against the Hayabusa.â€

I think you are the dilusional one who belives something exsists that can be found or proven. Do you see UFOs too?

“So let me get this straight DP you are all the following
1. Master sheet metal fabricator.
1. Welder to include arc.
2. Master machinist. (including CNC work)
3. Professional painter and bodywork technician
4. Qualified flow bench technician.
You can do all this and you still oil your chain with your bike on a stand with the motor running?
Hahahahahaha! You are priceless!!â€

Again, you seem to be an expert by association. Why can’t you accept the fact that some people truly can do stuff for themselves? Most of the stuff you claim that DP can’t do is very simple stuff. The only advantage that “professionals†have is that they do all day long and can crank out the work faster. None of the jobs that you described above are what are generally characterized as “highly skilled†jobs.

Please enlighten us what is so very difficult about reading the number from a flow bench? The test themselves aren’t hard. It is interpreting results that is difficult. But since you seem to know so much about mass transport phenomena, could you please enlighten me. Since I am at high altitude can you please explain it in generic terms so that I can insert any value of Reynolds Number into your explanation. See, I am quite inexperienced and only know basics about turbulent mass transport phenomena and would love to learn more. Can you help me out? So ninjadude, is air at 99% humidity or air at 10% humidity denser (and therefore would limit top speed on a bike due to “thicker airâ€)

“Remember “Oh my god†is in the details!â€

Yep…and you don’t seem to grasp the details very well at all.

I am open to learn more. Please enlighten me with facts, not just rumor and conjecture about something on a bike that has yet to be found.

Todd:

Thank you. I really have to admit that I enjoy pointing out what an idiot you are.

Dana:

“We bought a bike to own the fastest bike (production) on the planet. End of story.â€￾

If that is really why you own a motorcycle then you need to get a life.

“Please enlighten us what is so very difficult about reading the number from a flow bench? The test themselves aren’t hard. It is interpreting results that is difficult.â€￾

Do you see where you answered your own question?

“Oh, so you have seen dyno runs being done. And your brother-in-law has shop. So you are an expert by association. If that makes you an expert,â€￾

I actually don’t watch the dyno runs and my brother in law does not consider himself to be an expert he just laughs at idiots who run around with dyno numbers. He also laughs at people who buy a motorcycle to own the fastest.

We could go back and forth forever Dana, so I will officially bow out.

Time will tell if the 12 is limited or not.

You're a bitter, stingy housefly, NK.

Why do you assert by implication that each of those mechnical tasks must be done at a professional level or not be done at all?

Like many here I'm a back yard mechanic with more limitations than skills. I don't do port 'n polish with the benefit of a flow bench. I do it with a Dremel holding the head in my lap and I don't even know the result until I've run the quarter. I can weld and braze, but I'm lousy at it. I enjoy aluminum fabricating, but it takes me a long time to do a project. I don't have a paint booth...I hang sheets from the ceiling and paint with aerosols then buff...and get a very good result. Airbrushing comes easy to me. I bent my own header tubes on an old packed-sand bender in the barn of a friend who has a brake and muffler shop. And on and on...

You don't have to own Vance & Hines to be qualified to pick up a wrench. Ken Wharby, the man who holds the World Water Speed Record built his boat in his trash-strewn back yard with NO help from any professionals and no use of any testing facilities whatsoever. Entirely self-taught, he was having screwdrivers sucked into his rusted out war-surplus jet engines, and worse. No professional wrench ever touched his boat even once.

It's not the crudeness or sophistication of the methods and tools used in mechanics, it's the results that matter.

You should try crediting some people on this board, other than yourself, with at least marginal competence.

I swear if Brock Davidson himself told you directly to your face "It's black," you'd screech right back at him "It's white you idiot!"

What's it like to enjoy absolutely no credibility at all on this board where you've spent so much of your time and intellectual effort?

“If that is really why you own a motorcycle then you need to get a life.â€￾

No, this is why a bought a Hayabusa and not a CBR600.

“I actually don’t watch the dyno runs and my brother in law does not consider himself to be an expert he just laughs at idiots who run around with dyno numbers. He also laughs at people who buy a motorcycle to own the fastest.â€￾

I am sure he laughs at people with Ferraris also. In reality he has to justify to himself that they aren’t all that good because he can’t afford one (I may be mistaken here..he may have a F550 in his garage but I seriously doubt it).

A ninja 250 will do what you claim to need a bike for (commuting to work). All other sport bikes are extravagant and there to make a statement. You seem blind to this.

Yes, time will tell if the 12 is limited. I know the Hayabusa is. My proof: both the Hahn and Mr Turbo Haybusa are significantly faster than a stock one. There is a limiter on a stock busa. Its called POWER.

-Dana

DP:

I really don’t expect to derive “credibilityâ€￾ from a web board. I also really don’t feel that with 128 posts over almost 8 months that I have spent much time or intellectual effort here. I come to this board because I really enjoy it and I have learned allot.

This is the way I see it. 1st place is winner. Every other place is LOOSER! Where is the mighty ZX-12? L O O S E R!!!!! ENOUGH SAID!

[This message has been edited by falcon fool (edited 27 April 2000).]

Todd - Normally I wouldn't waste my time to reply to immature posts, but because you painted some silly picture, I feel I must. I want apologize to all the other members for entertaining this subject. First off Todd, no I'm not gay. I find it funny that would be on your mind. In no way did you hurt my feelings. A child is not capable of hurting my feelings. Lets back-up, when ever anyone posts anything about the 12 being compared to the busa, you twist and distort all the facts and post a sarcastic, sh?t throwing comment or you attack the person personally, and then claim it was a joke. If it was a joke all you had to do was say so instead of that BS about the only reason you brought it up is because I came to your site "spouting crap I can't back up". Nowhere prior to that statement did you say it was a joke. It didn't become a joke until I posted the date in which Nick received my "money order". By the way, are you the Todd that almost everyone on the ZX12R board asked to go away and stop posting there, sure sounds like you. Todd I want to thank you for being as nice as you can and I hope this post doesn't cause you to run out of your diplomatic patience. As far as I'm concerned this will be the end of this farce.

Koz

[This message has been edited by Bill Koz (edited 28 April 2000).]

Well good I'm glad you may have come around. Firstly - NO I am not the Todd that has been posting on the Jeroen's 12 web site. In fact I have never posted there. I don't really feel the need to post on the web site of a different motorcycle I don't own to the owners of said bike when we have H.org and LaBusas already. I do read that site on occasion. I noticed his posts a long time ago and if I remember correctly he lives in Memphis, TN or some other state far from here. Secondly - the symbols that are available on this web site to use when posting have meaning. Look at the top of the box when you are posting and you will notice 14 different symbols which help convey the context of the message. In my post concerning your bet I used the yellow laughing face. The ONLY laughing face available. That is used to indicate jest - a joke. I used that when I originally made the post - not after you went ballistic. You can't go back and change that header symbol once the post is made which clearly verifies beyond doubt that I made my intention evident when I made the post - not after. It's not possible to change that symbol at a later time or date. It's obvious to me that there is much more to this than the joke I posted. You don't like our opinions about the 12 and you think I am someone else who apparently is posting opinions you don't like on another ZX-12 board. Thanks for clearing this up. The reason I hoped you weren't gay is because your ZX-12 buddy Packa has posted a ton of gay jokes on Labusas and knowing how you feel about jokes I was concerned for your health. (IF you were gay)

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 28 April 2000).]

Koz - Here is the post that "todd" made on Jeron's site:

"By todd on Friday, April 7, 2000 - 12:flamethrowing: pm:
i was out on the streets last night for some drag racing. funny thing was out of the 4 zx-12's racing 2 were lowered and they still were come around on the big end after the hit what's up with all the people saying the 12 is a world beater ? the only bikes i saw the 12 beat was a 900 rr and gsxr 1100. hey if ya want to see some real racing bring your *** to memphis and bring some cash rickey gadson or whoever i don't give a **** bring what ya want trailered or not. doug meyer why don't you come on down to memphis bring that 11 of yours if your the same one that has it. or maybe you'll catch us up in chi town on the streets.. i'm tired of all this talk you bring gadson the pro rider we got keith dennis the pro rider. you remember him don't ya rickey he beat your *** you should. and he also holds the quickest time in the world for streetbike any takers kawi boys? busa king bring your *** to i'm gonna shine up your busa and shove it up your candy *** . punk *** busa king please? your a ***** "

------------------------------------------

Come on Bill - it's not to hard to check my profile and see that I live in Ardmore, OKLAHOMA. There probably aren't 4 ZX-12's in this entire state much less in the little town I live in. Also - trash talking of this sort has never been and will never be my style. When it comes to the 12 vs. Busa debate I prefer to use accumulated factual data and debate rather than mouth off. I quote from various named sources and many times add my opinions but never represent my opinion as stated fact. I challenge you to provide an example where I did. You won't find anything like this trash talk from the 12 site coming from me in the H.org archives. Furthermore if my writing skills looked like his I would be attempting to obtain a refund for the tuition paid obtaining my college degrees. Good lord the guy doesn't even captialize his own name.

It appears you disagree with my opinion of the 12 and that is the real problem here. What makes it even more difficult for you is that my opinions are based on testing data which in many areas favor the Busa. Disagreement is what makes this board interesting. We welcome open dabates. I would invite you to join us. Trash talk is a waste of time. The problem with Jeoron's (I'm probably not spelling his name correctly) site is that anyone can log on with any name they choose and post. DP was impersonated for a while too. In this case the "todd" on that site is not trying to impersonate me. You just didn't pay close attention. I'm not the only one on earth with that name you know.

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 28 April 2000).]

Back