Went for a ride this morning

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I had some free time this morning so I went and got some mileage in. I just wanted to share.

Pics will follow. Making changes on the photobucket. Sorry folks.

I'm jealous. I tried to go for a ride today but the high winds that we're experiencing today just made it not fun so I only got a few miles before I turned around and went back home.

Pics!!!
88e5fcaa.jpg

3cb38bde.jpg

8f258343.jpg

e7dcf64f.jpg

Only 209 miles today.
a0b92b4f.jpg

Her mileage as of today.
ab1369af.jpg

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but after changing the setting, they still won't come out bigger. Messaging Big E right now.

I cant wait to get this together and ride soon.I am having withdrawls.Our weather sucks here lately

That's what it's all about. I can still remember Greg tricking your ride out. :thumbsup:

87k? good grief. that is awesome. she is still very beautiful. :D
Sorry I missed this while making changes to the settings. Thanks.:)

I'm jealous. I tried to go for a ride today but the high winds that we're experiencing today just made it not fun so I only got a few miles before I turned around and went back home.
I've been there before. I know what you mean.

Hey sleepless_red -

Your overall mileage is very impressive. I consider myself a LD (long distance) rider, but I'm a grasshopper in comparison, especially now that I'm on a big sport bike.

Just curious if you have your specifics documented somewhere? You know, stuff like which Hayabusa accessories are the most meaningful for high mileage trips, how you set your bike up, how you ride all day without discomfort (riding position, tips, etc.), best luggage options, and all that?

I am very much interested to learn from a sport bike LD master, like yourself.

Back in the day, there was a Iron Butt rider that did the bi-annnual 11000 mile contest on a Blackbird (more than once). I think his name was Peter. You remind me of him.

Hey sleepless_red -

Your overall mileage is very impressive. I consider myself a LD (long distance) rider, but I'm a grasshopper in comparison, especially now that I'm on a big sport bike.

Just curious if you have your specifics documented somewhere? You know, stuff like which Hayabusa accessories are the most meaningful for high mileage trips, how you set your bike up, how you ride all day without discomfort (riding position, tips, etc.), best luggage options, and all that?

I am very much interested to learn from a sport bike LD master, like yourself.

Back in the day, there was a Iron Butt rider that did the bi-annnual 11000 mile contest on a Blackbird (more than once). I think his name was Peter. You remind me of him.

First, I'd like to thank you for the compliments.

My bike is lowered 2 inches f/r. The forks were lowered internally and setup for sport touring. Traxxion Dynamics did the work and the rear shock was setup to match the forks. I told them comfort is a must for me and that's exactly how they did it. I'm really amazed how it rides. It feels like its glued to the pavement but not harsh at all. The only other changes that I did were Helibars, Puig d/b windscreen, and Corbin seat. I thought about doing the Buell pegs but still haven't done it yet.

Relaxing the mind and body is the key. I never think of how far I have to go while I'm out there. Whenever I take a break, I always think that I just started and haven't gone anywhere yet. Works for me.

I turn my head side-to- side, up/down every few minutes or so and not wait until the back of my neck hurts before doing so. I also change how I grip the throttle every few minutes or so since I don't use any throttle assists of any kind.

Corbin really works for me. That alone really made a huge difference. When I had the stock seat, I can only go for like 300 miles or so before I start hurting. Fortunately, the salesman who sold me the bike sold it to me within a couple of days after purchasing the bike. By the way, the longest ride I've ever done was 1,205 miles in like 21 hours or so.

I don't own any luggages except tank bag. I can't be away for days that's why I never bother to purchase them. My schedule just won't allow me to do so. My time will come, though.

Back