Well this might get your attention

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Ok I am sure that not a soul here has not hear about the courthouse with the nativity scene in the yard and the "blow hards" that have to get it removed due to the seperation of church and state issues...

Well I guess that door only swings one way (and I bet you are really surprised by that one too)

So I am headed for work this morning...... and low and behold I come up on the Catholic church I drive by every day with its own high school, middle school and grade school.... This place is pretty large

Anyway there is an unusual amount of color in the front yard today that I can see from half a mile away... I get there and looky what I see... every one of those little squares is a campaign sign for a different bozo running for office...

DSCN3521.JPG

strange....at the church I grew up in,you would never see that on the propery.because of separation of church and state.

Interesting and thanks for sharing.

beerchug.gif

I want to stress this again:

Separation of church and state works to keep the GOV out of the Church...

... NOT the Church out of GOV

Many people are religious. PEOPLE are in GOV, therefore GOV will have religion in it. There is no stopping that.

BUT! no one wants the GOV to tell people who or how to worship or not.

If I could fine the original doc I'd post a link but I can't

I vote everytime in a church. Did it just yesterday.

Makes you wonder

Many people are religious. PEOPLE are in GOV, therefore GOV will have religion in it. There is no stopping that.

Well I hope you understand the irony of this is all. You pull into the church every day to drop of your kid and are beat over the head with all this campaign crap..

Fort Wayne this last year made posting of these signs illegal on road ways and any other public easements (called the "road lice" law).

hehehe yes. Personally, I hate ALL those signs. They tell you nothing. More ways for someone to cash in on voting

Many people are religious.  PEOPLE are in GOV, therefore GOV will have religion in it.  There is no stopping that.

+1,000,000 To add, separation of church and state is not part of our constitution. It was introduced late in the 1800s and oversteps the limits created under the Constitution.

That limitation is simply: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

The constitution only prevents the government from establishing a national religion, providing tax money in support of religion, or otherwise favoring any single religion or religion generally and ensuring that private religious practices not be restricted by the government.

The separation of church and state is creating laws establishing atheism as our national religion and is unconstitutional.
rant.gif

well guess I skip church... hate politics myself and the people involved (mostly unemployed lawyers ya know)

The church is going to ram this down my throat... I guess it only leaves one out.... me..
firedevil.gif

well guess I skip church... hate politics myself and the people involved (mostly unemployed lawyers ya know)

The church is going to ram this down my throat... I guess it only leaves one out.... me..  
firedevil.gif
That's the good part of our constitution, it doesn't leave anyone out
smile.gif
You are free to believe what you chose to believe and how you chose to believe it.

Bogus, I think you should say something to the church. Voice your opinion to them. I, personally, don't recall seeing church's with politcal positions like this, but I'm sure it happens. If that is your church and you think it's wrong, tell them... or stop supporting them. My church encourages people to vote but they don't tell you who to vote for. I suppose if you pulled a paster aside and picked his brain for a while, asking for his personal opinions, I'm sure he'd give it to you, but as a church, it might be dangerous to their continued income to support the "wrong candidate".

Send them an email or something.

Back