Well, i finally got it out

That thing looks NASTY bro....you sure the tank is going to be OK
rock.gif
Yeah it does, doesn't it?

I'm sure the tank'll be fine. All I need to do is sweet-talk her, buy her a drink and then get some dinner.

Wait a minute...wrong forum. Sorry.

The tank? Well, I have to use this one for now. The plan is to seal it for now, and then save up money for another one.

As soon as I have enough, I'll replace it. Need to save up $500+ first, though.
down.gif

Cross your fingers and toss up a prayer for me, bro. I'm hoping that there's no more problems.
Make sure to use a new fuel filter...wouldn't want to mess
up your pump or injectors
wink.gif

That thing looks NASTY bro....you sure the tank is going to be OK
rock.gif
Yeah it does, doesn't it?

I'm sure the tank'll be fine. All I need to do is sweet-talk her, buy her a drink and then get some dinner.

Wait a minute...wrong forum. Sorry.

The tank? Well, I have to use this one for now. The plan is to seal it for now, and then save up money for another one.

As soon as I have enough, I'll replace it. Need to save up $500+ first, though.
down.gif

Cross your fingers and toss up a prayer for me, bro. I'm hoping that there's no more problems.
Make sure to use a new fuel filter...wouldn't want to mess
up your pump or injectors
wink.gif
Aah crap...another part.

I was hoping I could get by on the old one. Mebbe I'll just pull it out and clean it?

Pac's set up now with a cool gascap. Err, well atleast in a week or so.
biggrin.gif

I would take that part out back, and go GANGSTA on it like the dudes did to the copier in Office Space.

Besides my BUSA, I also have a '66 Chevelle that I restored- It had many a part on it that I had to go thru just like with this tank part of yours.. When the part finally came off the car, I took it and went midieval on it!!! Dremel!!!! Sledge!!! Drill!!! MWAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... (Sorry, got carried away
biggrin.gif
)

BUSAFETT

hey Pac when you are finished pm me and let me know how that metal ready works and how exactly you used it...i bought the cycle kit and it should be here this week. my tank has a little rust also, nowhere near as much as yours though. i wish suzuki would make it plastic or something on the inside and we wouldnt have this problem.

well, GM's gonna hook me up with a trick cap...looks like it'll be pretty cool.

And the cork don't sound like a bad idea, either. I WAS gonna get medieval on that azz, but I was restrained by the thought of really jackin up the tank.

hey Pac when you are finished pm me and let me know how that metal ready works and how exactly you used it...i bought the cycle kit and it should be here this week. my tank has a little rust also, nowhere near as much as yours though. i wish suzuki would make it plastic or something on the inside and we wouldnt have this problem.
Will do...no prob.

Plastic wouldn't be a good idea. The fuel will either
a) eat up/slowly dissolve the plastic
b) make the plastic brittle
c) both a & b.

I'll post up how it goes.

fuel wont eat up the gas tank....the tank on my truck is plastic.
well, that solves one problem.

there's still issue of the plastic becoming brittle. The constant heat cycling can't be good for it either.

I dunno...I'm not that keen on a plastic gas tank. Doesn't sound like good juju.

Too easy to go "poof", on...ya know?

Back