Weekend trip to Virginia

+1000 He LOVES to make himself at home right on top of you as your sitting on the ground, the couch, a kitchen chair, anywhere lol. Like VAB's said, he is amazing. After what he's been through, all he asks is for a gentle and loving hand to be run over his fur. I'll be sure to keep the thread current with pics!

And like everyone has said before...Michelle absolutely is a prime example of what this place is all about! Not many people would invite two strange 22 year olds into their home, offer up their bedroom, make delicious cinnamon rolls for breakfast (I had 6 lol), and send an amazing dog home with them. I tried to explain the trip to the guy at enterprise and he could not believe the generosity and trust that the people of the .org possess. "You're all crazy" is what he said. I say he's just missing out. You all rock!

I wish I could have done more to help get him to you guys; hated that you had to drive so far, but with my kids and work, it's just hard to take a long trip anymore. I'm thankful that you two came and you're welcome here anytime...

For anyone else, as long as you're dropping off a Busa, come on by :laugh:

More pics of Lucas whenever you have time to spare Mike! I love seeing him happy and content :) :thumbsup:

+
And like everyone has said before...Michelle absolutely is a prime example of what this place is all about! Not many people would invite two strange 22 year olds into their home, offer up their bedroom, make delicious cinnamon rolls for breakfast (I had 6 lol), and send an amazing dog home with them.!

You have no idea how lucky you are. I thought for sure you'd be chained up doing house work, or yard work around the redneck water park. She must not have used enough "cinnamon" in the rolls... :whistle:

You have no idea how lucky you are. I thought for sure you'd be chained up doing house work, or yard work around the redneck water park. She must not have used enough "cinnamon" in the rolls... :whistle:

Mike's too young to abuse...I just order the the Old Guys around :whistle:

Pitbulls are illegal to own in my county:laugh:

Well, previous to me having Lucas, I would not have even cared about them being outlawed, but he truly changed my mind about the breed and showed me that even one that's been abused can be an amazing dog.

In the 6 weeks I fostered him, I had my share of bad feelings from neighbors and even my ex-husband opted to toss in my face that I was keeping a pit around our kids, so now I see what so many go through and I'll have to say, it's beyond frustrating to have others judge you based on a breed of dog you've chosen. I do think you should have a good system in place to keep your dog on your property, and since I didn't have that I didn't feel I should keep Lucas. I'd hate to know that there could be laws in place preventing me from owning one though.

I love Pits an don't think they are any more dangerous than any other breed.. I have a problem with Chow Chows. :laugh: I think they get a common illness that makes them go crazy... could be an urban myth :dunno:

Last edited:
I love Pits an don't think they are any more dangerous than any other breed.. I have a problem Chow Chows. :laugh: I think they get a common illness that makes them go crazy... could be an urban myth :dunno:

My veterinarian (and a close friend for years) has owned 2 pits herself, and loved them dearly. She said in her practice, the dogs that bite most are labs and retrievers...

Any dog can be mean...I am just glad my first real experience with a pitbull was so great. I miss Lucas :down:

My veterinarian (and a close friend for years) has owned 2 pits herself, and loved them dearly. She said in her practice, the dogs that bite most are labs and retrievers...

Any dog can be mean...I am just glad my first real experience with a pitbull was so great. I miss Lucas :down:

I know you miss him. My brother and I were talking and he brought up the idea of a road trip next summer so that you and the boys could see Lucas again. He was bummed he didn't go with me but things came up and he was obligated to stay behind. Maybe we can make this happen next summer and we can bring him out to visit!

I know you miss him. My brother and I were talking and he brought up the idea of a road trip next summer so that you and the boys could see Lucas again. He was bummed he didn't go with me but things came up and he was obligated to stay behind. Maybe we can make this happen next summer and we can bring him out to visit!

That would be so amazing!! Long trip, so you'd have to stay a few more days and not be so tired...

The kids would absolutely love that. I still haven't brought myself to dismantling his crate. I miss him so much, but don't you feel bad for a second Mike. I'm so thankful he's with you :bowdown:

Tell your brother maybe next time. I'm sorry he couldn't make it. Does he like Luke?

That would be so amazing!! Long trip, so you'd have to stay a few more days and not be so tired...

The kids would absolutely love that. I still haven't brought myself to dismantling his crate. I miss him so much, but don't you feel bad for a second Mike. I'm so thankful he's with you :bowdown:

Tell your brother maybe next time. I'm sorry he couldn't make it. Does he like Luke?

He loves Luke! My entire family loves Luke. They can't believe how friendly and loving he is twoards people after all he's been through. He's made a great addition to our home.

He loves Luke! My entire family loves Luke. They can't believe how friendly and loving he is twoards people after all he's been through. He's made a great addition to our home.

Very inspirational story.

I was not a lover of the breed either, until I began to actually meet and interact with a few.
My mountain neighbor has one named Lucy and she is sweet to my daughter and wife, but when I get to close to her owner she stands firm and I can tell she is defensively aggressive towards men. This does not bother me as I have been around dogs all my life and know that they can be very protective.
I have had the misfortune of owning other dogs that were just downright mean and had to give them up These were not Pits, either.

Thanks for sharing and letting us know that Lucas has a new GOOD home.:thumbsup:
Bubba

I just can't wait till I can get a place of my own so I can own one of the greatset breeds ever!

Back