We have a new Busa brother as of last night.

dreamwalker

Registered
OK. So my best friend finally closes his deal for his 07 blue busa. He gets a great deal. Bike, jacket, gloves out the door for 9,999.00. He couldn't be more geeked. He's still on his permit and has been riding my brothers 750 all summer learning to ride before he bought his busa. So he calls me and lets me know the good news and asks me if I'll go with him to pick it up after work last night. We're in N.Illinois and it was a balmy 37 degrees out so Im game. The dealership is on the side of a busy road with no light so Im waiting during the 5:30pm rush to get out of the dealer lot on my friends new 07 with 0 miles on it. I know the tires are cold and they still have that factory chemical on them so I wait for a nice wide opening before I try and get into traffic. I make my left turn ok straighten out and shift to 2nd, I thought I was being gentle the busa thought other wise and the back end took off and fish tailed to the right hard. So Im off the throttle fist full of clutch left leg down to catch some balance and my heart just about to pass my back teeth. Thankfully I get her straightened out after cracking my knee on her side. I then rode her home like a little girl on a tricycle. My friend was driving behind me the whole time. We got back and he was laughing about it. Well at least one of us enjoyed it. So now we have a new Bro he'll be joining the org. tonight with pics of his baby.

I cannot imagine how much you aged in those few seconds.

Standing by for a warm ORG welcome.
lurk.gif

Scar

Oh man, glad you didnt dump his brand new bike right in front of the dealer! Seriously glad you saved it. Also standing by for a warm welcome!
beerchug.gif

Sounds like that falls under the catagory of "Doh!!
SHOCKED.gif
" Glad you saved it, I'm sure your friend is too!
laugh.gif

Just glad to hear you saved it...scary moments! Congrats to your friend; have him join and hurry up with the pics!
rulez8bn.gif

coolold.gif

face7.gif
rofl.gif
have heard many stories like this one. The salesman barely let me ride mine off the lot.
SHOCKED.gif

Same thing happend to me the day after i bought my 600.  I was riding, nice and easy, trying to break in the tires.  Slow turn, going about 20 mph when, without warning... the FRONT tire slid out from under me.  I had to swallow my heart after i straightend it back out and got back on my side of the road.  I pulled off and sat for about 15 mins before i got back on a rode home and parked it.  I know how you feel! Lucky for me, i've not had that experiance with the busa!

Glad you do not own 2 busa's now
smile.gif
nice save..

I bought mine from a dealer 300 miles from home... I called them 3 days before I picked it up (well probably called them 10 times over 30 days) and told the salesperson I wanted at least 25 miles on the bike before I got there to pick it up (did not want any breakdown surprises on the way off the lot).. Guess they got rid of the new tire syndrome for me...

glad it ended well with you getting the bike home safely
beerchug.gif

Man, my heart stopped when I read that .... Glad you saved her! Congrats to your friend on the new bike, and we need pics!

First thing the Salesman Said " Ride EASY for about the first 40 Miles. The Tires are NEW !!!! "

At the dealer one night I saw a guy getting ready to pull off on his brand new R-1. The salesman says to him "I can't stress enough how slick those tires are going to be for the first hundred miles or so". The guy, looked to be in his mid 40's says "come on, I've been riding for over 20 years". Pulls up to the exit of the parking lot, getting ready to get on a 2 lane (each direction) highway, during rush hour, sees a gap, and hits it, not even that hard, and drops it.

Very glad your story ended up different !! Can't wait to see pic.'s of the bike !!
beerchug.gif

Back