Way high expectations of the 08'

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
To those that were let down that the bike wasn't a 1500 or 50lbs lighter or whatever.  Do you realize what your asking?   Why is a company gonna jump 150-200cc to beat the competition when a minor bump does the job no problem. Another thing to consider is that the bigger the jump now, is less that is offered later. They can and will only do so much to a bike before they kill it because it costs too much to produce.  

The weight i'm sure could of been brought down with Titainium this and that, but how's a $14-15K price tag for a new Busa sound for a 40lbs drop when they have to jump the price for all the Ti they added? Then they would complain about the pricing. Also, what's the first more serious mod done to a Busa? Yep, full exhaust. Those new huge cans look heavy and probly are. I bet an honest 20lbs+ can be lost from a 4into1 swap.

I think Suzuki did a fine thing this go around.  They only went to a 1340cc. So if Kawi decided to up they're cc's, Suzuki can always go to a 1397 set-up without any major changes to the engine foundation.   Plus, most, if not all the new updated chassis should bolt-up to my 04'.  

The Busa still looks like a Busa, but with some updates.

Good job Suzuki.

(GMbusa @ Jun. 28 2007,12:38) To those that were let down that the bike wasn't a 1500 or 50lbs lighter or whatever.  Do you realize what your asking?   Why is a company gonna jump 150-200cc to beat the competition when a minor bump does the job no problem. Another thing to consider is that the bigger the jump now, is less that is offered later. They can and will only do so much to a bike before they kill it because it costs too much to produce.  

The weight i'm sure could of been brought down with Titainium this and that, but how's a $14-15K price tag for a new Busa sound for a 40lbs drop when they have to jump the price for all the Ti they added? Then they would complain about the pricing.

I think Suzuki did a fine thing this go around.  They only went to a 1340cc. So if Kawi decided to up they're cc's, Suzuki can always go to a 1397 set-up.   Plus, most, if not all the new updated chassis should bolt-up to my 04'.  

Good job Suzuki.
Very well said my friend. You summed up all of my thoughts I have been having while looking over the spec sheet.

Life is good!

Like I said in another thread, if they'd totally revamped the Hayabusa, it wouldn't BE a Hayabusa anymore...no more gsx1300r...

Hell, I'm pleased with what they have done...it's far better than just another skin color change, right?  
poke.gif

And even haters of the Hayabusa are impressed that the pricing is still in line with previous years...that's a rare thing nowadays, so if you want something completely different, perhaps this particular Suzuki isn't for you anymore...just my opinion, we all have 'em...

Good efforts Suzuki  
beerchug.gif

(GMbusa @ Jun. 28 2007,09:38) To those that were let down that the bike wasn't a 1500 or 50lbs lighter or whatever.  Do you realize what your asking?   Why is a company gonna jump 150-200cc to beat the competition when a minor bump does the job no problem. Another thing to consider is that the bigger the jump now, is less that is offered later. They can and will only do so much to a bike before they kill it because it costs too much to produce.  

The weight i'm sure could of been brought down with Titainium this and that, but how's a $14-15K price tag for a new Busa sound for a 40lbs drop when they have to jump the price for all the Ti they added? Then they would complain about the pricing. Also, what's the first more serious mod done to a Busa? Yep, full exhaust. Those new huge cans look heavy and probly are. I bet an honest 20lbs+ can be lost from a 4into1 swap.

I think Suzuki did a fine thing this go around.  They only went to a 1340cc. So if Kawi decided to up they're cc's, Suzuki can always go to a 1397 set-up without any major changes to the engine foundation.   Plus, most, if not all the new updated chassis should bolt-up to my 04'.  

Good job Suzuki.
I agree. i said about the same thing in this: thread.

The a$$ end will take a little to get used to, but i like it.

I like the specs but I am a little dissapointed with the looks.  The Hayabusa has always been a styling statement that has flowing and logical, very attractive lines.  You can spend hours just looking at it from different perspectives.  The new look with the interrupted styling lines for each design aspect lends a very jagged and interrupted feel to what has always been a beautiful machine.  The Hayabusa is a bike that should flow, not be choppy.   Maybe it will grow on me.  My Evelyn is a beautiful well built athlete with long legs and plenty of curves.  This new Busa reminds me of a female bodybuilder, interesting but not anything I would want to climb on top of, regardless of how much she can bench!

The tail reminds me of a classic car, like a 39' Ford teardrop backend.

Thank you GMBusa. It had to be said. I'm glad I sold my 02 a couple weeks ago. I want an orange/black, it looks down right mean..

Okay my 2 cents. I overall like the bike but I am dissapointed that they boosted the HP by boring it out instead of stuffing a new engine in it. Sounds kinda cheap to me. I don't really know how long that fix will last. Kawi bored theirs out Suziki follows suit. Kawi droppes in another engine then zuk follows again. I would like the bike to be on top for years like the the previous version was. I really like the cluster like everyone else. The back end is acceptable but really really screams for an undertail and I think that that will really clean it up. All in all after I get back from another rotation to the sandbox in september an 09 will probably find it's way into my garage next to my 03 which will be streached, turboed and turned into a track bike.

(GMbusa @ Jun. 28 2007,16:38) To those that were let down that the bike wasn't a 1500 or 50lbs lighter or whatever.  Do you realize what your asking?   Why is a company gonna jump 150-200cc to beat the competition when a minor bump does the job no problem. Another thing to consider is that the bigger the jump now, is less that is offered later. They can and will only do so much to a bike before they kill it because it costs too much to produce.  

Good job Suzuki.
Paul: All very good points, and I agree with you. I think some of us were expecting the next generation of Hyperbike that would blow people's minds. If this 08 beats the ZX-14 as is, it has my vote!  Like I said in other threads, I will own one as soon as they come out with an all black LE (and I am keeping my 05 too).

Tom.

beerchug.gif

I still think my 05 Silver/Blue is the best looking bike ever made. That's why I bought it. We each have our own tastes.
beerchug.gif
to the new Busa but I still love my 05 and will be keeping it for quite a while
super.gif

(GMbusa @ Jun. 28 2007,10:11) The tail reminds me of a classic car, like a 39' Ford teardrop backend.
yeah, but it looked good on the ford.I think the new busa is great looking except for that rear tail section is extremly f'ugly.

Well said GMbusa. The only way drastic changes were going to be made ie. weightloss and massive power hike would have bumped up the cost of an 08 model considerably. Kawa's effort to take the title of king with the 13.5 was a long time in the making with tried and tested methods which fell short of expectations of everyone with it looking hideous and having ony a ever so slight speed advantage over the busa which Kawa had set its sights on beating. The bikes are built to a cost and its down to us to modify and create them into something special. Personally i will not be parting with my 07 for the 08 but intend it to be quicker lighter and better looking.
rant.gif

well said paul

I am with you it might be another 5 years before i get one but hey it will still be there hahahaha

I like the overall looks of my 05 better although I like the front end on the new 08. At least it looks like a busa. Upgrades on the suspension and brakes are welcomed. Don't think I could get used to the rearend though.

To those of us (me in particular) that don't fully utilize what the current Busa offers, I could care less about more HP. It comes down to looks for me and my opinion is it's ugly.

I'll say it again - it's an ugly bike.

So please remember there is more than one purpose for a Busa. Beating a 14 is way, way down on my list of things to do.

beerchug.gif

Well put GM!!

As for the naysayers-

What a perverse bunch!
laugh.gif

"It doesn't look like a Busa, I hate it!"
sad.gif

or...

"It looks the same, it should be a completely new design!"
sad.gif

People, get a grip! It still looks like a Busa, but it has been improved in many ways!

As for the rest, that's why God invented the sftermarket!!
super.gif

sad.gif

My only issue is the scoops in the back. Less so for the look, which is fine in my opinion, but more so for the saddlebag issues.

Can't reasonably hang bags off of there, now can you?

I use to hate the look of the busa[99-07].Was actually mad when I realized it was the bike for me.As far as comfort and painless riding goes.I went looking for a new one not liking the way it looked.But it fit,that's why I looked.Saw my burg/black on the show room for the first time an fell in love.Liked them all ever since.
Not crazy about the tail,but so what.I quit looking at bikes for the look.But the fit first,then performance and looks are last.This new one looks alot better than I thought it would.
SUZUKI did a amazing job in performance.20+ stock hp increase is amazing jump in power for a bike.You have to remember,when the busa came out in 99 it was way ahead of it's time.Look how long it took for it to get out punched.This new one will be a monster.It will rule again.
When the 07's came out,I actually thought suzuki was going to drop the busa.Just like Honda did the XX.

I'd hit it.....
firedevil.gif

(Nekosohana @ Jun. 28 2007,15:20) My only issue is the scoops in the back.  Less so for the look, which is fine in my opinion, but more so for the saddlebag issues.

Can't reasonably hang bags off of there, now can you?
Suzuki probably already has a set of aftermarket hard bags out with integrated turn signals to bolt right on after removing the stock wing, warts, bumps....whatever they are suppose to be.

Don't get me wrong, compared side by side the older body is definitly a smoother more flowing design that i too think it looks alittle better.  I think we all liked the original design enough that no matter what the new bike looked like, it was gonna be tough to accept.   I said a year ago that when Suzuki remakes the Busa it will have to be either a new design completely or a modified design based off of the original.

It could of been ALOT worse though. Atleast we don't have a supersized 1K design Busa.  That was my fear, that they would just take a bunch of features off the gsxr 1000 body and work the Gen1Busa in with it.  While i like the  gsxr600-1000 line, I like the Busa because it is not made in the same image.

My fiance said something last night that i didn't think about.
She said "Even though Suzuki changed the body design, you still know it's a Busa"

She's right.

Back