water pump seal

lonner

Registered
hi all the water pump is leaking oil past the seal and wondered if its just a standard O ring seal or is it a unique suzuki item ?

any one else had this fail ?

thanks for any info

leon

My 06 Busa had the same issue at 50K. Had to replace the water pump (with the upgraded version). It was a bit spendy for parts and labor. Good luck.

water pump.jpg

There is a repair kit oem from suzuki for water pump.Anyone here know what to change for my clutch pump,its leaking oil.Thanks

There is a repair kit oem from suzuki for water pump.Anyone here know what to change for my clutch pump,its leaking oil.Thanks

cheers merlot ill have a look.
the clutch is 2 seals one piston and one dust just like a rear caliper and a cheap fix.

its only the o ring so ill have a look and see if my o ring kit has a suitable one as theres about 300 in there but you just know it wont have the one i want .

my bikes an 03 (cooling system is perfect) its just the input shaft seal weeping but will see what's best

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers merlot ill have a look.
the clutch is 2 seals one piston and one dust just like a rear caliper and a cheap fix.

its only the o ring so ill have a look and see if my o ring kit has a suitable one as theres about 300 in there but you just know it wont have the one i want .

my bikes an 03 (cooling system is perfect) its just the input shaft seal weeping but will see what's best

Hey thanks so which parts should i change than?

Last edited by a moderator:
well after waiting and waiting for the seal to arive i just fitted an o ring from my assortment o ring box which has worked a treat so no more oil leak!!

it was a smaller thicker one but after fitting it and stretched it a little it was same thickness so used high melting point grease to help fitting and popped it back together.

been for a ride and nice dry engine at last.

so ill have a spare seal if it ever gets here lol

Back