WANTED: R/H side mid-fairing for silver/blue 2005 'Busa.

hayabuser

Registered
So last night I had a mishap with my minty low-mileage 'Busa resulting in damage to my R/H side main fairing.... and mostly because my frame slider bent forward into the fairing and tore its way into it. I'm somewhat choked about having something designed to protect the fairing causing so much damage to it but what can you do?

Anyway, Suzuki still offers the fairing but it's almost $1000 Canadian (which is insane) so before I grab my ankles and order it, I was hoping that perhaps someone on here had a really clean one in the right colours hanging on their wall or something that they'd consider selling. Anyone? :bowdown:

IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4108.JPG

Damn that’s awful. The bolts on many of those (fairing saviors) are just too small and weak. I can’t recall the brand of the ones I had on an SV650 but when my daughter went down on it around 35 mph the bike slid enough to grind away most of the rubber but the bolts did their job. I’ve read that to have a true fairing saver you have to drill through the fairing in a different spot and use the bigger bolts.

The continuing tale of my plight....

Having had no luck trying to find a used fairing, I opted to call my dealer-friend and see about ordering the new one. Suzuki listed it as available so I pulled the trigger and said "Order it!"! The price tag? $1050 (CDN) taxes in. Ouch. But my 'Busa is worth it so what the hell... you only live once, you can't take money with you, etc. Coming straight from Japan, my guy says 2-3 weeks... no biggie, bike's parked until spring anyway. Or more specific, bike's parked until it's pretty again anyway...

A week goes by... two weeks go by... on the third week, I drop a message to the shop and get a phone call within minutes... bad news: Suzuki cancelled the order, the fairing is no longer available new. How would I like my pre-payment refunded? I don't want my pre-payment refunded, I want the fairing! :banghead:

So pre-payment gets re-funded.....

... and I still need a fairing.

I guess I will be spending the winter hoping that a suitable fairing pops up on eBay or somewhere!

I did have another thought though... maybe a professional wrap shop can scan the silver and reproduce it in a wrap complete with matching kanji and decals? I've seen some impressive wraps so I can't see it being too hard for them to replicate the original style. All I would need is a clean Gen 1 fairing of any colour scheme that they can lay the wrap over top of. I bet the price would be less than the $1050 Suzuki initially wanted for the OEM part new too.

So... anyone have a minty R/H main fairing for a Gen1 'Busa in any colour? OEM only, please, not looking to wrap Chinese plastic.

Would it be worth it if one could be found in the US?
It would depend on shipping cost, I suppose. There's a local company named Seawings who has a depot in Blaine that accepts US packages in WA, then transports them up here to BC for a small fee. Once here, you clear the delivery through customs yourself and pay whatever duties, etc are due. Used bike parts are duty-free so using them instead of shipping direct internationally saves a TON of money.

Good news everybody! I got a fairing.... possibly the last one on the planet. After coming up empty with Suzuki North America (they searched dealer inventories for me... with no luck), I found that CMSNL had one listed as "One On Hand" on their website with a painful 796.50 Euros pricetag on it... or $1177.68 Canadian.... ouch. Remembering that I'd previously "happily" paid $1050 to get one from Suzuki that didn't exist, I figured what's another $120-ish? My 'Busa was worth it so I clicked ADD TO CART and CHECKOUT.

That was on the 13th... and today Fedex dropped off a massive box... yeah, three days from the Netherlands to my door on Vancouver Island... shipping cost? $19.95. Such a deal. Of course there were taxes to pay in the amount of $155 but no duty or brokerage... winning. Their packing job was amazing and the fairing emerged with zero damage.

So this is what $1400 Canadian looks like:

7D5D57F3-ADD2-487E-A5FC-700059F19712.jpeg

DE0CB14D-A2B9-486C-922F-75B6BD8CFBB8.jpeg

34F00CF8-5E7F-4A87-9304-4E320769FEDD.jpeg

Back