VP Debate Results

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Was surprised Saiid hadn't posted something up yet (you sick or something buddy?)

In any case: Joe Biden is a tough, skilled debater. He does not let facts get into his way, and he's very capable of controlling the situation. He made up some for the President's miserable performance the other night, mostly by "Joe being Joe". I think of Biden as the President's life insurance policy (as in, "If something happens to me, you get JOE"). When he couldn't go toe-to-toe with Ryan on merit, he resorted to laughing/grunting/smiling/interrupting/talking over and staring into the camera to speak directly to the audience in a folksy manner. Classic politician.

Ryan: If I had to look at the two and see which one appeared more polished and intelligent and able to articulate, it was Ryan. He had a tough task, going up against a much more skilled and experienced debater. I thought he held his own, and kept his cool. I wish, when pressed for 'details' he'd answer: "It's our job to set the course of the ship; details will have to be hammered out, compromises made, and we will have to navigate the legislative waters to pass laws and bills. I WILL promise that, unlike Obamacare, you WILL have details BEFORE the bills go to a vote, unlike Obamacare where two years later we STILL don't have details, and Nancy Pelosi said we'd have to pass it to see what's in it..

What you see are two men, one of who is a heartbeat away from the Presidency, and one that might be. Of those two, I think Ryan wins. While the debate is essentially a draw, and Biden's performance certainly helped his ticket, Ryan's ability to stand toe-to-toe with a much more experienced Biden shows he's certainly no slouch, extremely intelligent and articulated, and was a good VP choice for Romney.

Ones a seasoned liar and the other is just polishing his skills learning from the liar sitting next to him.
Neither will make my life any better.

Biker died close to me last night. Saw it on the way home. Didn't feel well. Sorry.

My guess

If you are a republican then Ryan won
If you are a democrat then Biden won

Saved y'all some time :p

Sorry to hear that Blanca. RIP unknown rider.

VP debate summary:
When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no peace. Proverbs 29:9

I'm not sure that the substance of either was a winner but Biden lost in my mind because of how he acted. He's the VP of the most power country in the world, as such he should carry himself far better than he did.

When we having lunch btw.

One of these day's we're actually gonna manage to get together :laugh:. Maybe the weekend after this one? My schedule is pretty open these days - how does a Poudre canyon run with lunch in Walden sound? :thumbsup:

One of these day's we're actually gonna manage to get together :laugh:. Maybe the weekend after this one? My schedule is pretty open these days - how does a Poudre canyon run with lunch in Walden sound? :thumbsup:

Let me check with out progress on our new kitchen this weekend and I will let ya know.

I started my work day in your neighborhood today, to bad we are slammed.

VP debate summary:
When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no peace. Proverbs 29:9

I'm not sure that the substance of either was a winner but Biden lost in my mind because of how he acted. He's the VP of the most power country in the world, as such he should carry himself far better than he did.

Interesting, see when President Obama was calm cool and didn't jump all over Mitt every time he lied or refused to tell us details about what his plan is, everyone said he was too nice and performed poorly. VP Biden did the same thing Mitt did but jumped on Ryan even more when he repeated the misinformation that they have been pushing. The VP was doing what the Democratic base wanted him to do, which was call those guys out on the lies they just keep throwing out.

IMO just like Romney I think the VP was a little over the top and cutting off the moderator and other person, Biden more so than Romney but that's Biden being who he is, which doesn't change week to week or depending on who he's talking to.

Funny (when we talk about liars) Biden is declaring that that White House didn't know about the security concerns in Benghazi, but the State Department UNDER OATH says they did....Will be interesting to see how it plays out...

In any case, this 'draw' didn't change the election much, the next two debates will likely decide it.

I think next time I'll go out and watch the grass grow vs. watch another debate between two politicians again. im quite positive that will be more interesting....:whistle:

Ha! I'm smarter than all y'all. :poke:

I have yet to watch a debate. It's not going to change my mind for whom I will be voting for so I would much rather watch other stuff that will degrade my intelligence like the "Big Bang Theory" :laugh:

Cmon America..... I know he is only the VP but wow!
Biden - THE Ultimate Idiot! - YouTube[/url]

th.jpeg

th-1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back