Vibration at 3500---4,500 RPM ??

OB_Busaman

Registered
Ever since she was new I have had a nasty vibration between 3500---4,500 RPM which is the worst I have ever had on a bike. Dealer states it is normal---anyone else getting it ??

Supposedly its between 4k -5k The computer is doing some time of emmission checking on the bike. Doesnt make sense to me but on my friends Hayabusa its reallys smooth up ~4500 rpms and then it feels like someone turned on the vibrater.

One magazine stated that you could disconnect the pink wire so it wouldnt do that .. BUT that pink wire is the center of a major controversy. Mine is connected, for the record.

I third the comments. Just got back from a ride -- just for grins I slowly took it from 3000 to 8000 RPM in second. as others have noted, 4500-5500 is like riding a demented cement mixer with an off-center load.

It was kinda cool just putting along at 7500 RPM in second -- the bike is reasonably smooth there, and it makes a scream like you're really doing something (even if you're not).

I could tell I was intimidating the hell out of the person driving the crate I was following, even though I was hanging back minding my own business.

Of course, once there was a break in the traffic coming the other way . . . .

Its seems to me that between 4500 and 5500 is where you start feeling the torque of the bike. vibration is not noticeable to me. I think its feel cool to start to feel the power.

My bike has 7000km on the clock and the vibration seems to increase. It's very annoying because on long rides I stay in 4500-5000 rpm range (140~160km/h).

I think I will check the torque rate off the engine supports and retight.

Anyone have suggestions?

From everyone I've talked to looks like we have to deal with the vibration. I've felt it in mine from the start too. I was wondering if it was an isolated incident, but a couple of magazine's I've read also talk about the buzz around 4700 rpm. After talking to the tech guys at a really big dealer near me they telling me that it is impossible to design a counterbalancer to eliminate the buzz at all rev ranges, and that unfortunately is where ours fails. But if that's the worst problem we have I think we're doing pretty well.

Apparently, most of the 'Busa' have that rough running range between 3000rpm - 4500rpm, feels like it surging. I can live with it, I guess. Would help if Suzuki could have a FI update to solve that.

Back