Veteran's day

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Myself and 40 other retired LEO's met in Birmingham right after Katrina and hooked up with Air Force and Army National Guard troops along the Gulf. I was so honored to work with those great folks in the rescue/relief operation. It reminded me how courageous our men and women in the military are. I first realized it as a Marine back in 1968.
I posted this in this section cause when I got back from Katrina, I treated myself with a Hayabusa!
Perhaps because of recent violent events or maybe it's just my age...but I'm so looking forward to being a part of the Reno Veteran's parade tomorrow.
Anyways, here's to all you Veterans, welcome back and thank you. Doyle

ps. first few pics below near Biloxi and Gulfport.

8595440-R1-022-9A.jpg

8595440-R1-036-16A.jpg

8595440-R1-042-19A.jpg

P1000378.jpg

P1000379.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Birthday and Happy Veterens day Marine.
Thank you and Semper Fi

Thank you to all that have served and the ones that are still serving along side of me. And a big heart felt thanks to the ones that have given the ultimate sacrifice.

Words just don't cut it, but thank you, every one of you that have served and are serving :bowdown:

Doyle, good thread my friend. :beerchug:

I'm pleased to see you riding in the Veterans Day Parade tomorrow. Enjoy your day and a very "Happy Veterans Day" to you tomorrow!

Did you do your boot camp in San Diego? I attended Boot Camp in San Diego but I was across that high fence that seperated the marines from the sailors.

Happy Veterans day to all who have served! :bowdown:

Doyle, good thread my friend. :beerchug:

I'm pleased to see you riding in the Veterans Day Parade tomorrow. Enjoy your day and a very "Happy Veterans Day" to you tomorrow!

Did you do your boot camp in San Diego? I attended Boot Camp in San Diego but I was across that high fence that seperated the marines from the sailors.

Happy Veterans day to all who have served! :bowdown:

Yeah, I was at San Diego, and remember wishing I had joined the Navy at that time! Happy V day to you too! Doyle

Have a lot of friends in the service, remember them all in times like this, for those who are still here and those who are gone, Thank You.

I wont take for granted the freedoms I have today, because I know the price was blood sweat and tears from our soldiers and their families!!!! Thank you all so much for your service! God Bless :bowdown:

Ray Dog... that picture of the Ambulance.. the firestation behind it STILL has NOT been rebuilt. The guys are still working out of the building with it wrapped up in tarps.

All of the people involved are dragging their feet and no decidions can be made.

Please take a moment at 11 am this morning to think about the sacrifices of those who came before us on this Remembrance Day.

I am so proud of all our service men and women. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the sacrifices you have made. I don't care if you were deployed or not. You were willing to give up your life for for us. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Back