Vertical parking in munich

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Vertical Parking in Munich. Is this for real? Sounds real to me. Someone find more info on this coolness?

"Talk about German efficiency! The two photos below were taken at a
new parking garage in Munich. The actual space that the facility
occupies is approximately only 20% of a comparable facility with
the traditional design that is used primarily in the US.

Not only is the German structure less expensive to build, but
vehicles are also "retrieved" in less time and without the
potential of being damaged by an attendant."

ATT00048.jpg

Pretty cool. NYC has some old linear-types that have been around for years and years; it looks like a steel mill crane that picks up the cars and slips them into spaces. The city also has smaller, three-story ones; pull in and park, and up the car goes.

once parked yer a pedestrian,how do you get down? I dont see elevators or staircases.

Also,that has lawsuit written all over it. Some donkey dikk is bound to drive off it sooner or later,especially backing on to the car elevator.

looks cool thou. RSD.

once parked yer a pedestrian,how do you get down? I dont see elevators or staircases.

Also,that has lawsuit written all over it. Some donkey dikk is bound to drive off it sooner or later,especially backing on to the car elevator.

looks cool thou.    RSD.
i would hope that the cars are empty, and the system just places them into their "slots". i don't see how that work would, the cars would need to be on some type of pallet and i don't see anything like that...

i agree, i certainly wouldnt trust anybody to drive their own on one of those things!

lol

I'm sure thats what they said about buildings over 5 stories high back in the day, or the Hoover damn, or speed limits over 55.

It's all about technology advancing and making the seemingly impossible not just possible but considerably safe.

looks cool thou.    RSD.
The cars are parked on a platform at the bottom. Then you get out, and the lift comes to get your car. You don't see it until you pay your parking fee, and the lift brings it back to the platform.

I like the idea. I know where my vehicle is and i know it's going to be there when i get back. I imagine the vehicle theft rate is very minimal. Warehouses have done that for years and it was inevitable somebody adapted it for other applications. as the brits say ... "Genius!"

looks like the system gets under the tires and maybe lifts or rolls it where it parks, then retracts. I guess the brakes would have to be set, so I suspect it lifts the car and sets it where it is to be parked, probably on rollers, then sets her down. seems like the slots are slanted down to the outside so incase theres a "mishap" only one car gets trashed?
smile.gif
pretty cool

What happens when the lift breaks!!!! Might just be walking home !!

I guess the car could roll off the elevator with gravity or a slight push. I'd like to see how the un-manned lift pulls it back on thou. There doesn't seem to be any wheel stops to stop cars from going over the edge either.

What happens when the ball game lets out,or its 5:30 pm and everyone shows up at once? No thanks.

Or as suggested earlier...the lift breaks.

Its a machine.It will breakdown.

Perhaps one day,they will be everywhere. Myself,I'll just park on the street.

I've seen these somewhere on the internet before, had a big write up on it. These pictures are of two cylinder buildings that sit side by side, and in it they store new cars that have just come off a production line. Completely automated, they enter in the lot number of the car they want, and the robotic arm the travels up and down the center of the building retieves the vechile.

<!--EDIT|baites1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145518341 -->

Back