Velocity Stage two

1313R

Registered
Howdy all,
I ordered this kit about 5 weeks ago, it finalyy shipped today. What if any are the common problems with this kit. What should I be on the lookout for? Are there anycomplaints or are they a pretty good kit?

It will be a good kit... My buddy and I just put a velocity race kit and a ghetto stage 2 together...

Velocity... (+)
1. The turbo / header / wastegate assembly came all as one peice and the vaccum hoses were already done for him...
2. Velocity instructions were great.
3. Barry was great with his service while my buddy was going through it... The secondary fuel rail had a crack in it and the ecu was defective, but Barry overnighted everything we needed when we needed it...

I ended up getting all my engine parts from motorhead and the head gasket was awesome because it came predrilled...
biggrin.gif
We had to drill my buddies with the Velocity kit with a dremel and it sucked to say the least....

If you are doing the stage 2 kit, I would imagine you are doing engine as well? If you are, you should look up Motorhead on suzukihayabusa.org, he gave me the best prices around for all my extras that I needed in addition to the turbo kit...

You will do well with Velocity; it was a good buy and you won't regret it... ;) Just make sure you find someone that knows what they are doing when they put it together... Most goes wrong due to BAD tuner, not bad turbo kit... ;)

Good luck; keep us posted...

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126913548 -->

dennis aka motorhead is an invaluable knowledge base also incase you need help installing it.

Thanks fellas. It's been almost 6 weeks since I ordered my kit and it's still a no show. I called yesterday and they said it was shipping yesterday but without the computer. I understand they were moving from Fla to Ky, but they are still running behind what I was told on the ship date. Now the computer is gonna be late. Starting to get a little aggrivated with them. I took my bike apart the week I was told it would be shipped to get it painted and while all that was gone I was going to install the kit That was 2 weeks ago. Paint is almost done and still no turbo.  I hope it's not much longer. I've been riding my brothers little zx636 and it feels like a bicycle! I want my Busa Back!
mad.gif
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|1313R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127258321 -->

mad.gif

Good things come to those who wait, just wait and you will be greatly rewarded. P.S.- I envy your turbo ways, I want boost.

Still don't have all of the piecies to my kit and some of the stuff that was supposed to be pre assembled isn't. Still waiting on my 2 stage boost controller! I'm really starting to get
mad.gif

Still don't have all of the piecies to my kit and some of the stuff that was supposed to be pre assembled isn't. Still waiting on my 2 stage boost controller! I'm really starting to get
mad.gif
That sucks that isd not very good service. I have seen kits (MCX come from Sweden quicker and packed to the tee with all parts. I hope they get there act together so you get your parts soon.

send it back and get a motorhead kit but call them first and watch them get your stuff to you cause they don't wanna have to refund your money.

Cecil Stringer has a stage2 Velocity, I think he had some issues in the beginning,but I think its rolling pretty good now,He's putting up high fives now!
wink.gif

Just hang in there you'll get what you need in acdequate time...

They moved to KY,try calling them the may have lost your order in the move...

Well it took 9 weeks to get my kit and then another 2 to get my two stage boost controller which was ordered at the same time. I must say I AM NOT impressed with the workmanship of this kit. Had to make my own oil cooler and radiator brackets. The one that they sent was 1/2 inch too short. Yeah I spent 4 hours making sure I wasn't over looking something, but it just didn't fit. Now I'm stuck on the boost controller. The instructions can only be called vague at best!!!!! Damn I'm aggrivated with this whole deal. Anyway, instructions say there should be a vaccum line from the turbo to the backside of the wastegate. Nope. No brass barbs for a line on or even near the wastegate for a line. Nor are there any fittings on the turbo. There are however 2 threaded holes on the front and back of the thing with no fittings installed or even with the kit anywhere. Are those just supposed to remain open? The top and bottom have been run to the oil pan and the top to the crankcase pickup on the motror. What the crap! Starting to wonder if I should have stuck with the spray!!!!

Well it took 9 weeks to get my kit and then another 2 to get my two stage boost controller which was ordered at the same time. I must say I AM NOT impressed with the workmanship of this kit. Had to make my own oil cooler and radiator brackets. The one that they sent was 1/2 inch too short. Yeah I spent 4 hours making sure I wasn't over looking something, but it just didn't fit. Now I'm stuck on the boost controller. The instructions can only be called vague at best!!!!! Damn I'm aggrivated with this whole deal. Anyway, instructions say there should be a vaccum line from the turbo to the backside of the wastegate. Nope. No brass barbs for a line on or even near the wastegate for a line. Nor are there any fittings on the turbo. There are however 2 threaded holes on the front and back of the thing with no fittings installed or even with the kit anywhere. Are those just supposed to remain open? The top and bottom have been run to the oil pan and the top to the crankcase pickup on the motror. What the crap! Starting to wonder if I should have stuck with the spray!!!!
Had to make my own oil cooler and radiator brackets.

DENNIS'S KIT HAS MORE FABRICATION NEEDED THEN THE VELOCITY KIT TO BE HONEST... BE HAPPY YOU WENT WITH VELOCITY IN THIS CASE... WITH ALL THESE TURBO KITS, A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF FABRICATION IS REQUIRED... I WAS THINKING HOW YOU WERE THINKING TO BEGIN WITH AS WELL, BUT THEN REALIZED THEY WERE ALL LIKE THAT...
biggrin.gif

The one that they sent was 1/2 inch too short. Yeah I spent 4 hours making sure I wasn't over looking something, but it just didn't fit.

BEEN THERE... I FEEL YOUR FRUSTRATION...
biggrin.gif

Anyway, instructions say there should be a vaccum line from the turbo to the backside of the wastegate. Nope. No brass barbs for a line on or even near the wastegate for a line. Nor are there any fittings on the turbo.

I WENT WITH THE MULTI-STAGE BOOST CONTROLLER SO MINE WILL BE SETUP A LITTLE DIFFERENT THEN YOURS, BUT I CAN'T THINK OF WHY YOU WOULD BE TRYING TO PLUG INTO THE TURBO... I THINK YOU MAY HAVE THIS CONFUSED AND IT ACTUALLY GOES SOMEWHERE ELSE, SHOULD LOOK AGAIN... (I HAVE NOT DONE THE 2-STAGE CONTROLLER, SO I CAN'T BE POSITIVE, JUST TRYING TO HELP... :d)

There are however 2 threaded holes on the front and back of the thing with no fittings installed or even with the kit anywhere. Are those just supposed to remain open?

YES, NOTHING GOES THERE.... :d

The top and bottom have been run to the oil pan and the top to the crankcase pickup on the motror. What the crap! Starting to wonder if I should have stuck with the spray!!!!

RETURN LINE FROM BOTTOM OF TURBO GOES TO NEW HOLE YOU HAVE TO DRILL IN OIL PAN. TOP LINE GOES TO SIDE OF ENGINE... (I COULD TAKE A PICTURE IF THAT WOULD HELP, CNA'T THINK OF THE NAME OF WHERE IT GOES...)

Post all your questions, issues, and any details you can... I think I can help you out a bit here.... If you cold post the hose diagram to the 2-stage boost controller, i may be able to help there too....

CLoud

biggrin.gif

When my buddy and I did his velocity race kit, my buddy was determined to wire in an oil cooler even though they gave him block-off plates because the compressor housing was too big to fit the oil cooler in its original location. My buddy had already installed an oil temp. guage so we knew how hot the oil was going to run...

ANyway... he mounted the oil cooler to his extended swingarm and routed that way... After much testing and debat, he ended up going BACK to the block-off plates because the oil cooler just didn't make that much of a difference... I beleive he said he noticed about a 20 degree change with and without it...

I would consider getting rid of the oil cooler and doing block-off plates instead... That oil cooler is a pain in the ass as it is and it sure clutters everything up if you ask me...

Many will disagree with me and always go on the heat is bad and should be prevented at all costs... but I can tell ya by our experience with the 550HP kit that it just didn't make enough difference to keep it...

Cloud

about 4k boosted miles this summer with no cooler and no problems...

just run a good synthetic oil and change it every couple thousand miles.
smile.gif

Thanks to Sebastian at NLR, I have just about finished the install. I will keep my oil cooler for now, since I've already remedied the alements of installing it. All that's left is the water injection and it's not their kit so some mods will be necessary. I went with a snow performance water/methanol kit with a 2 stage digital controller. Nice kit, big ass water pump though. Flows upto 140psi and is adjustable. Can't beat it for the price. Just couldn't see paying 850.00 when this kit was only 399.98 shipped. Ordered from jegs. Check them out if you are interested in a water injection system. I know it's not a plug and play like the velocity set up but, if you're going to the dyno anyway, this kit will save you the money for the tune. www.snowperformance.net

Thanks to Sebastian at NLR, I have just about finished the install. I will keep my oil cooler for now, since I've already remedied the alements of installing it. All that's left is the water injection and it's not their kit so some mods will be necessary. I went with a snow performance water/methanol kit with a 2 stage digital controller. Nice kit, big ass water pump though. Flows upto 140psi and is adjustable. Can't beat it for the price. Just couldn't see paying 850.00 when this kit was only 399.98 shipped. Ordered from jegs. Check them out if you are interested in a water injection system. I know it's not a plug and play like the velocity set up but, if you're going to the dyno anyway, this kit will save you the money for the tune.    www.snowperformance.net
I USED THE SNOW INJECTION SYSTEM ON THE STANG, AND IT WORKED BEAUTIFULLY. iT MADE A HUGE AMOUNT MORE POWER W/ THE KIT.

Thanks to Sebastian at NLR, I have just about finished the install. I will keep my oil cooler for now, since I've already remedied the alements of installing it. All that's left is the water injection and it's not their kit so some mods will be necessary. I went with a snow performance water/methanol kit with a 2 stage digital controller. Nice kit, big ass water pump though. Flows upto 140psi and is adjustable. Can't beat it for the price. Just couldn't see paying 850.00 when this kit was only 399.98 shipped. Ordered from jegs. Check them out if you are interested in a water injection system. I know it's not a plug and play like the velocity set up but, if you're going to the dyno anyway, this kit will save you the money for the tune.    www.snowperformance.net
Good info. thanks...
biggrin.gif

Back