Vegas Ride Pics

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Big O back from Vegas A-ok.
We rode Red Rock on Fri with BABusa, dl(and some numbers)
and Vegas Busa met us there.
thenwewenttohooters
So! On Saturday we met the Sin City Sportbike guys and went to Death Valley. One of their guys went off the road about 60 miles into the ride (he's ok, the bike...) so that was it for them for the day.

I'd like to say here, THANKS to the Sin City guys. They were great! And very professional looking all in the same shirts for the Death Valley ride. Lee was great on the Lake Mead ride, and they all made the rides that much more enjoyable.

Did a little gambling on Sat night. (lost)
Sunday we met the Sin City guys again for a 20 bike ride. Again very professional. And uh...Very FAST!
Came home Sun night.

The Pics:
Here's a few of us at Red Rock

Red_Rock_Busas_2.JPG

From right to left:
BABusa
Me
dl(and some numbers)
and VegasBusa

Here's the obligatory Hooter's girl
Yes there IS a Hooter's in Vegas! It just got moved!

Hooter_Girl_3.JPG

Patience my son...
Here's a straightaway in Death Valley. Did I mention it was about 120 deg F?

Straightaway.JPG

We stopped in Furnace Creek for gas, food, and a cool down.
Did I mention it was HOT!

Furnace_Creek_Parking.JPG

I was soaking my back protector with $1.96 a bottled water and dl 6996 finds a hose. He was the diviner on the ride, he could find water anywhere.

On Sunday we found a few places to stretch your Busa's legs.
And we did.

Ready_to_Rip.JPG

And just when you thought you were going fast...
Who is alway right there, like, Ok, are we going to go fast yet?
BABusa

BA_Busa_Keeping_up.JPG

Here we are on the Strip right before we didn't find the elusive HOOTERS, and my bike overheated, and I overheated.

Busas_on_the_Strip.JPG

Oh I promised I'd post this guy from Germany. He's an American living in Germany who came here to visit.
laugh.gif

He has a Busa too.

German_Guy.JPG

I'll let the rest of the guys tell you about the rest of the stuff while I get my Flame proof suit on.

Last but not least, a million thanks to Erin, who took care of us. Doc, you've got a winner there.

nice pics! sorry I missed it..tho in my black aerostitch I might have melted
wink.gif

how did that rider go down? it looks like a straightaway...heat get to him?

Nice, wish I could've gone. Glad you guys had a good time, to bad about that fellow rider going down.

Hmmmm....where to let the flaming begin. I'm not sure if I want to start or if BA wants to jump in. Errr...the trip. Awesome. Friday was some good trips through Red Rock. Kinda spooky with the "speed checked by radar" but that didn't seem to bother Big O on the second go around (130ish in 35ish):laugh: Got to test the Powers a little, which are freaking great. If anyone was meeting us at Hooters on TROPICANA it was moved between last year and this year. I'm not quite sure how they managed to pick up, or build the exact same building and move it to the 5700 block of SAHARA but they did a REALLY good job of it. Hell, building looks a few years old and if they moved it you couldn't even tell. I would have sworn up and down that they had just built it there.

Friday was fun and hot. Since we didn't learn our lesson on Fri. we had to go to DV on Sat. It was only 115. Trip was really cool/hot. I don't know how I found water but it just kept popping up. I'm glad we ended up taking the long way to Vegas instead of waiting for a pilot car and roasting. I didn't see the accident since I was waiting in another town but the rider is doing fine. Sun was a very well organized ride. My wife and I rode towards the back of the pack though, a new guy was in front of us and I watched him stand it up in the middle of a corner so we decided to stay behind him in case something happened. Brandi(wife) said that Sunday's ride was more boring because we weren't up towards the front doing the speeds we were doing the day before. She's a freak and I love her.

I have pics that I need to compress but I'll get them up later tonight or tomorrow. I'll let BA tell the story of the cursed driveway(since I wasn't there). Over all it was a great weekend and somehow I managed to put close to a thousand miles on my bide in 5 days. It was great meeting and riding with everyone and Brandi and I plan on doing a trip out to Cali to try some of those roads.

Pics coming.

Wayne

REMEMBER EVERYONE...IF YOU WANT TO GOTO HOOTERS IN VEGAS THE SPOT IS ON SAHARA!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

THE MAGICAL ONE ON TROPICANA IS JUST DUST IN THE WIND!!!!
wink.gif

Sorry that I missed you guys. I am in Hawaii and will be here til the end of this week.

Now that you found the (Tropicana) Hooters on Sahara, it will be easier next time. As a side note, there is actually going to be a Hooters on Tropicana, they have bought the San Remo east of the Tropicana Hotel and turning it into Hooters Hotel.

There is actually another one out toward the lake, but you can save that for a later day.

Would anyone be interested in a ride around September??, it won't be quite like riding on the surface of the sun then.....

Back