Valentine One and vibration

OB_Richard

Registered
Finished connecting the V1 to the paired 12V switched accessory terminal(brown wire)under the right front dash panel. Powers up great, but ... mounted on windscreen with suction cup or visor clip mount, or handheld touching any solid part of bike that transmits motor vibration, and the V1 goes nuts, telling me laser hits from behind and sides. It works fine handheld anywear near dash, or motor, and in my Bronco, so I don't think it's electrical field interference. Has anyone experienced vibration problems?

Try getting the SAENG mount. Call Paul at 402 563-3444. Tell him Roberto Jorge recommended you. You can also see their website at www.saeng.com. I have the stem mount with the 3 x 5 platform that I bent up on the sides to form sort of a custom cradle for the valentine. Had to heat the plastic some to get that odd shape of the valentine.
Hope this help and good luck.

Ride Safe, Bob

[This message has been edited by Roberto Jorge (edited 05 March 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Roberto Jorge (edited 05 March 2000).]

Here is a better idea. Check this out.
A friend of mine, who owns High Gear Specialties Co., makes accessories and
trick parts for all kinds of bikes. One of the things, I have been using on
my "Busa" for some time, is called a "Stem Stand" which they have a patent
pending on.
The " Stem Stand" is excellent for mounting Radar Detectors, Audio
Equipment,GPS, etc.....
Machined from T6 aluminum, and anodized. Available colors: Red, Black,
Silver, Gold, Purple and Blue.Comes with Velcro.
Height and Angle are adjustable.
Fits:
Suzuki- Hayabusa, GSXR 600/750,
Yamaha- R1/R6
Kawasaki- ZX9R (2000 model)
some Honda 900RR ( with 13mm stem hole)
Stem Stand for additional sport bikes available soon.
Check it out at
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=188630&a=1381890

If interested, reply to my e-mail address.
FRQFLYRX@aol.com

Thanks for the mounting device advice, guys, I'll check it out. But, you know? I tried my wife's V1 clipped to the windscreen and three other locations and the vibration didn't bother it in the least. I'm gonna have mine shipped back to V1 to be checked.

A magnesium cased, high end bit of equipment like the V! shouldn't be that intolerant of a little engine buzz.

Thanks for all the great info guys. I read in an article recently that the Busa is actually quite difficult to pickup on radar. Anyone tested this theory?

I forgot to ask in the last message, but I assume you have an earphone hooked up to the V-1. I've owned bikes for yaers, but never used a radar detector on one.

Richard,

Its not the vibration. I had my V-1 mounted inside my Camaro and everytime I hit the horn, the unit triggered for laser on the side and behind. I sent the unit in last week per the customer rep's recommendation, but haven't heard yet. Anyonw know what customer service at V-1 is like?

I just installed my Valentine One on my Busa and noticed a similar problem with the Laser going off. I mounted the Valentine One in the trunk with the remote display at front. I thought it might be getting some light filtered through the rear brake light that might be setting it off, so I just turned off the laser detection.

I have some suspicion that the problem might be related to voltage levels as I used a battery tester to find a hot wire near the fuses for a tap and it said the voltage was below 12v. I'll have to test it again with a better voltmeter when I get some time, but you might want to check yours to see if that could be the problem.

My V1 is permanently mounted inside the fairing behind the right turn signal. My first system using a lot of wire ties and foam resulted in a lot of false laser signals.

So I fabricated a secure mount from 1 1/2-inch by 1/8-inch aluminum stock with a twist bend that allows it to fasten with an inner fairing bolt into the nose fairing support frame, run straight back with the wide dimension in a vertical position, then twist and bend down and out in an L-shape to support the V1 from below. The V1 sits just above the ram air tube and "sees" through the fairing just above the turn signal light bulb. I talked to Valentine about the installation and they said the front radar sensor should work fine, but not the laser. However the laser detector probably won't save you no matter what. Read their manual about that. I find that the V1 senses front, side, and rear radar signals just fine. Industrial velcro on the V1 and the support plus one wire tie for security have eliminated all my problems.

I also use a remote display velcroed to the low point at the top of my instrument cluster, which I can't see very well in daylight until I get a double bubble screen, and a remote audio in the storage under the passenger seat (or hump) with a wire jack at the front of my seat into which I plug the Radio Shack mono head phone I inserted behind the lining of my Arai.

I wired the V1 to the taillight wire with a clip-on wire tap.

So I get on, plug in and ride with security. When I stop somewhere, it takes only a second to unfasten the remote display, slip it in my pocket and go about my business without worrying about my system being stolen.

Sorry, no pictures or drawings available.

Valentine offers a remote audio and visual display. One is $39 the other $49.
You can hook this up to a system like the AutoCom and enjoy music, cell phone or transceiver, rider to passenger intercom, and of course your radar detector.
There is someone that posts here, will have a new device that will allow you hear the detector without any speakers in your helmet. Hope this helps.

Ride Safe, Bob

Back