V.i.r. camping advice (please help)

NCBusa2001

Registered
All right, Kim and I are going to the Suzuki “Big Kahuna†race at VIR August 18-20.  We are trying to achieve a low-stress and fun trip.  However, we are worried about the camping aspect.  

We need advice on where to set up for the BEST view.  We want to do the whole “fat dude on the roof of a RV with a cooler of beer†thing.  
smile.gif
  It is my understanding that there are camping spots with a good view of the track.  I just don’t have a clue where they are!  

Any help from someone knowledgeable about the area would be greatly appreciated.  I believe the race is being held on the north course only. (right???)

The map is too vague regarding camping spots and I have no clue about the terrain Please take into consideration our setup is about 50 feet long with slide outs on both sides.  It’s also a bumper pull, so it’s a pain in the arse to maneuver in tight quarters.

Also, does anybody know when the earliest you can start “campingâ€?  The race starts on Friday and I want to make sure I get there early enough to assure the recommended spot.  

Thank You,

Chris

P.S. I tried to load the facility map but the image was too big. (267k) (?) So here's the link.

http://www.virclub.com/guide/Facilitymap.jpg

camping is generally anywhere on the infield .
Corner 7 is pretty good because there are stands - bathrooms and a nice uphill for wheelie shots .... plus the cars are usually on the south track and you can see them in the background.
If not along the fence in corner 7 then the fence straight across from there (11).
Watch the forcast tho....better to be in a grassy place incase of rain...rather than mud.
(7) thru (14) are at the highest elevations...and have the most room for rigs like that....unless you have a "package deal" that offers an RV spot.
Markers 12 thru 17 are pretty wide open....but best for tent campers.
There aren't too many "bad" spots at VIR .... but if you can find a way to disable that freakin helicopter that gives tours....you'll have a much better time! That thing hovers low and is so loud you can't hear the bikes...the announcer...nuthin!

I am trying to make Copper Mtn. this year instead....if I can't swing it, then I'll be at the Bash.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149567942 -->

Can't be much help on where to park.

But if you have a cooler full of beer post a picture of your camper so people knows what it looks like. I plan on riding up and will be plenty thirsty when I get there.
beerchug.gif

Thanks busacruise. Thats the info I was looking for.

I wasn't sure if you were allowed to camp torwards turn 4. The picture potential of 7 would be great, thanks for the tip.

Hondprw, more the merrier. If you can stand guiness or newcastle, that is. Besides, I'll be the only one drinking anyway, as Kim is abstaining.

camper_picture.jpg

Back