upper front fairing/cowl removal '06 Busa

jons06

Registered
How in the sam hill do you get the front upper fairing/cowl off the bike. I took the mirrors off, the instrument cluster, the windscreen and now i am lost.... Heeeeeellllp please..:please:

the head light that is attached has 4 pins that go into the fairing stay that hold it kind tight with pressure alone.. looking for pics

From memory the mirrors, two pushpins inside the dash and a couple pushpins under the nose. Standing in front of the bike you'll need to pull the nose out and over the mirror frames and pull forward. Two little plastic pieces on either side in that area. If you snap one or both off you can put them back on using iron or epoxy.

Taken mine off at least a dozen times....I don't think the windshield necessarily has to come off and the gauges can definitely stay in place...but the mirrors have small parts of metal (raised) on the stay that go into the holes that the fairing needs pulled over so you don't crack that area. Other than that once you have the push pins underneath the nose out and the 6 body bolts off the sides.....and the inner panels disconnected, it's just a stiff pull on the nose to get the pins out of the grommets. Don't get too ambitious because there is a large harness on the left side (in relation to how you sit on the bike) that needs to be unplugged to fully remove the fairing. You can get the fairing pulled out of the way of the pins that hold it in but you won't get much more than 3" forward before the harness tightens up.

If you get real stuck PM me and you're more than welcome to call and I'll walk you through it on the phone.

Last edited:
once inner/pins bolts are removed, grab the plastic by the mirrors location, stretch the fairing slightly outward and pull up and out (ensuring you clear the mirror bolt holes) also do it slow to not brake the black plastic stays inside. Once you pull it off, your not done yet, you have to disconnect the main clip harness to the headlight, and the turn signals.

Thanks to all of you for the help. I got it, and finished the task at hand... i am now a better Busa man... :bowdown:

You may want to try the easy way and leave the mirrors, instruments and all the other goodies in tack and remove the two bolts that attach the fairing stay to the frame, unplug the wiring and slip the entire nose section, intake tubes included, off in one easy move? :cheerleader:

You may want to try the easy way and leave the mirrors, instruments and all the other goodies in tack and remove the two bolts that attach the fairing stay to the frame, unplug the wiring and slip the entire nose section, intake tubes included, off in one easy move? :cheerleader:

Still need to take the 6 fairing bolts out...and how is it easier to get to the fairing stay bolts? than just pulling the mirrors and a couple of push pins ???
Posted via Mobile Device

Still need to take the 6 fairing bolts out...and how is it easier to get to the fairing stay bolts? than just pulling the mirrors and a couple of push pins ???
Posted via Mobile Device

My bad for assuming one would be bright enough to remove the side fairings prior to removing the nose fairing! :spank:

My bad for assuming one would be bright enough to remove the side fairings prior to removing the nose fairing! :spank:

Maybe he just wants to remove the nose to do a HID kit...he never said that he pulled the side fairings.

Read the post :poke:

:rofl:

Maybe he just wants to remove the nose to do a HID kit...he never said that he pulled the side fairings.

Read the post :poke:

:rofl:

Doesn't matter why you want to remove the nose fairing, if someone has a better mouse trap, could be worth your time to consider it? :beerchug:

Back