update on ENGINE ICE

1127 TO 1299

Registered
Well I changed the coolant last weekend,
flushed to old one, ran water with vinegar in it to clean it.
Flushed it. Put the ENGINE ICE in it. Made sure there was no air bubbles in it. Tilting the bike from side to side and starting the engine with the cap off. Filled it to the cap. Placed radiator cap on.
Did a couple of warming and coold down cycle and filled the reserve up to the full line.

And guess what, didn't see any improvement. My temperature gauge didn't go down and after doing some city riding with almost no traffic. The fan came on after 20 min of riding. 85 degrees and humid and at night.

I was sceptical in the beginning but the comments here on this site were pretty good. Such as the temp gauge went down 1/8 of an inch. Fan don't even come on in traffic....

Why doesn't it work for me?

Sh*t! I want to try Engine Ice, but I've seen others post up their doubts about it too...

We did a VA run with the Busas on Saturday and I had to baby the hell out of my throttle while stuck in heavy traffic in the Interstate to keep it from getting too warm. Seems if I can keep the rpms around 2000, it doesn't go up too high...

Later on that day, we were in heavy traffic and it started creeping up...no going down, but thankfully we were stopping and the Busa had some time to cool down...

Damn 'zukracer' was riding next to me bragging about how his Engine Ice keeps his Busa cool...
blush.gif

I have and use " Engine Ice®â„¢ " ..n with a infarared gun I found out it dropped the temp 5 to 10 degree's .. ( ok Im not impressed ) .. so from our ( the bikes temp gauge) ..you wont see much of a differance ..
sad.gif
kine of a waste of money if yah ask me..
rock.gif

All I can offer is that it has definately kept my bike running cooler. Nothing else has changed since last summer when stop/go traffic on a day hotter than this past Sat. and my bike was in the red. Now with the Engine Ice, my gauge never got to the half way mark. The fan came on a couple of times but overall, it was way cooler.

Now the temp-nutometer still says things are still hotter than hell but the gauge says the engine is happier
smile.gif

All I can offer is that it has definately kept my bike running cooler.  Nothing else has changed since last summer when stop/go traffic on a day hotter than this past Sat. and my bike was in the red.  Now with the Engine Ice, my gauge never got to the half way mark.  The fan came on a couple of times but overall, it was way cooler.  

Now the temp-nutometer still says things are still hotter than hell but the gauge says the engine is happier
smile.gif
See, there he goes...bragging again...
laugh.gif

I'm still going to give it a try...then hit zukracer when it doesn't work...

*mental note, must do/test by July 16th...
tounge.gif

Was gunna change to Engine Ice, but I am going to hold off after this post. She gets warm and the fan keeps coming on, but haven't overheated or went past the half mark to much. Other day it was around 95F and we were in stop and go traffic, noticed the fan came on a lot more, but it kept it around the middle of the gauge, no issue. I have read about a fan modification, how does that work?

Me and Busa1300Nut was caught in heavy traffic up in Gatlingburg one evening during a Hot Rod meet. I had just put the Engine Ice in my bike and told him I was told it really cools off the bike. Anyway we was caught in the traffic for about 2hrs and his bike kept heating up even with the fan on. My bike stayed cooled and never heated up. Convinced Johnny he then needed the Engine Ice so I sold him a gallon. NO problems as of yet...so there you go....the proof is in the pudding...
biggrin.gif

A Muzzy fan made the big difference for me. I have asked several times about the anti-corrosive protection offered by these alternative coolants, but never got a positive reply. Everyone just seems to be concerned solely about their ability to exchange heat. Gotta have good corrosion inhibitors as well.

90+ degrees here this weekend, regular around town traffic and all. My temp gauge rides just below the half mark when I'm riding and the fan comes on at exactly the half mark, once the fan comes on the gauge never climbs another step, will actually run for about 1 minute then shut off and be off for about 2-3 minutes and come back on, but the gauge NEVER climbs above thge half mark. Running Engine Ice this year and have noticed the time frequency of the fan coming on has increased since adding the ICE.
biggrin.gif
I'd use it again anytime.

Wish it would get hot enough here for the fan to come on ..You poor things...

Put engine ice in mine last weekend. akso installed the muzzy fan. idled bike for 15 minutes and the fan came on once for 15 seconds and that was it. shut it off after 20 minutes of idling, happy as could be.
biggrin.gif

Im gettin a Muzzyâ„¢® fan next.. and If need'd Im going to install a secondary elec Fan.. on the front side.. I so ..hate ( L.a. ) traffic.
mad.gif

i'd like to see the theory, and proof (beyond my fan didn't kick on, and his did) from about 1/2 of the crap thats out there.

independant lab testing.. a reputable one, and one that shows exactly how much improvement there was.

on the good note.. you don't have to change it out for a track day.. so thats good enough for me as long as it doesn't corrode the innards to death or something.

this is one of at least a hundred reasons i love this site so much! Information, information, information...thanks guys!
wink.gif

90+ degrees here this weekend, regular around town traffic and all.  My temp gauge rides just below the half mark when I'm riding and the fan comes on at exactly the half mark, once the fan comes on the gauge never climbs another step, will actually run for about 1 minute then shut off and be off for about 2-3 minutes and come back on, but the gauge NEVER climbs above thge half mark.  Running Engine Ice this year and have noticed the time frequency of the fan coming on has increased since adding the ICE.
biggrin.gif
  I'd use it again anytime.
My bike runs exactly like mzrsq's with nothing but the stock coolant....NEVER goes above the halfway mark no matter how long I sit or how hot it is. I supect there's more to some of these overheating probs than just a weak cooling system. I would be checking for bad thermostats, plugged rads, air pockets, bad temp sensors/fan switches, old coolant ect before I tried some magical cure all. You gotta do your homework sometimes to fix a prob like this....even tho it can be a pain
wink.gif

I added redline water wetter to my ZX-10 out of curiousity and it didn't do jack....I added about twice what they recomended...and just to my reservoir, not the rad. But still over time it mixed in pretty well I think.
I supect it may change it a few degrees...but whats that gonna do for a properly operating cooling system?.....or an improper one for that matter? Snakeoil boys...get your snake oil right over here....lol

I went to Myrtle Beach two years ago and my bike ran hot. In the day time and at night. so when I got back home I changed my fan to the muzzy aluminum fan and added the blue ice. When we took out my old fan I had only 1 and a half arm left. the heat danmed near melted the fan. Last year when I went back it ran hot one time, but didn't cut off. sit for 10mins and no more problems. Went this year and bike never went over half. It seems to me the longer it stays in the bikes system the better it works. try changing to a aluminum fan. It really makes a difference.

Here in Hawaii, the land of humidity, engine ice makes a heck of a difference. my gixxer, (03 750, cams, exhaust) used to heat up really quick in traffic (from 180 up to 226 in about 4 mins).

I put on a fan switch, and it helped. Kept me at around 205-210. The engine ice WITH the fan switch keeps the bike under 200 unless I get stuck in bumper to bumper for over 15 minutes. But if I'm stuck in that kind of traffic, the motors going off and just running the fan, pushing the bike.

Also at the track, with the fan switch and engine ice i was able to hot lap 4X and stay under 200 deg. Interesting.

For me it worked, but engines still make heat, can't change that. So it's not great wonderful super fantastic cure all, but it made a difference.

Back