UFC results??

The Iceman !!!
super.gif

(rlachermeier @ Dec. 31 2006,16:02)
(black954 @ Dec. 31 2006,13:28) It was awesome watching Leben getting choked out, though I wish he was knocked out. What a punk. I was rooting for Ortiz, but he sure did get beat down. Lidell has the heaviest hands i've ever seen, good for him. The last fight was awesome, the big Brazilian dude was AWESOME. Plus it was nice to see the Pitbull start his comeback.
+1

Really like the Pitbull. Hope he goes far. By the way he acts in the ring it seems like he has his head screwed on right.

By the way which Pitbull are you talking about?
Thiago Alves
or
Andrei Arlovski
I assume Andrei but I like both of them.

I kinda thought Forest acted a bit weird after his loss.

I still think one of the stupidest questions you can asked a fighter who just got the shid kicked out him is "How are you feeling right now?" Duh!!!
I was refering to Arlovski. I can't stand Tim Silvia as a fighter- if you even want to call him that. I just wish Arlovski gets his title back. I've talked to some people who have met him and they say he's totally cool. I also like him cause he's the best fighter out of Chicago.
Yeah, Forest did act kind of strange after the fight, but he is a strange cat.

(black954 @ Dec. 31 2006,17:52) ... I just wish Arlovski gets his title back. I've talked to some people who have met him and they say he's totally cool. I also like him cause he's the best fighter out of Chicago...
Totally with you on Arlovski. I really thought he would've destroyed Silvia in their last fight but it wasn't to be. I also agree with you on Silvia, I've never seen a more boring fighter in the UFC than him. There's gotta be some heavyweight out there that can bring some respect to that weight class.

I really thought Tito had a chance at winning prior to the fight. He got beat up pretty good. Chucks stance was really low in the first and third. DIfferent? Tito had a chance a couple of times but Chucks hands hurt him too much. Boy can Chuck scramble back to his feet quickly and spun around before Tito had a chance for his back. Amazing!! Very good night of fights!

Forest got pounded!! Cried hard at the end?!?!

I have never seen Rampage fight yet or Cro Cop either, They both sound like a great addition to the UFC though!! WOOO HOOOO
lurk.gif
beerchug.gif

(extreemachine @ Dec. 31 2006,21:00) I really thought Tito had a chance at winning prior to the fight. He got beat up pretty good. Chucks stance was really low in the first and third. DIfferent?  Tito had a chance a couple of times but Chucks hands hurt him too much. Boy can Chuck scramble back to his feet quickly and spun around before Tito had a chance for his back. Amazing!! Very good night of fights!

Forest got pounded!! Cried hard at the end?!?!

I have never seen Rampage fight yet or Cro Cop either, They both sound like a great addition to the UFC though!!  WOOO HOOOO  
lurk.gif

beerchug.gif
I have seen Rampage fight in Pride fighting. He is very explosive and has very strong take downs. If anyone can take Chuck down it will be him.

thanks for the link busa_tom
beerchug.gif
awesome fight

i have seen cro cop fight several times, rampage only once...both are good fighters but cro cop is a monster with a lethal high kick...i think they are trying to get him clearance to get in the country for UFC 67

I love that Chuck is that good at getting to his feet and keeping the fight standing. I dont want to see a wresting match. No offense to wresting.

It's interesting to see how MMA has evolved. In the early years Jujitsu ruled only because at the time no fighters knew how to defend against it. Now that they have unlocked that secret it will be interesting to see what direction this sport takes. I for one look forward to it.

I downloaded and watched the fight (without seeing results before) and concluded that the UFC just is not what it was in the past. I remember the days of Gracie, Shamrock, Severn... and those were the days when UFC was pretty much ANYTHING GOES in the octagon and had no weight classes. I would never buy any UFC fight now... I will just download them.

Anyway, the fight between Chuck and Tito was pretty decent. Tito showed true heart in the first round when he was almost done for. He came back in the second round but inflicted no real damage. In the end, Chuck won a convincing victory.

What made the UFC a hit was its no holds barred approach. Now, it just feels like a typical boxing match.

I have to agree Pan .....It's not what it used to be with 3 rounds , weight classes and more rules . Geez, they even stop fights for a little eye cut now !

They had to change the sport to get it to grow. They couldn't put those fights on TV or payper view like they used to be. They were not sanstioned by the nevada state authority. They had to make it a little bit less canabilistic to make it mainstream. It is growing now like crazy and people are accepting it more and more. The fighters are all getting drawn to it because there is big money in it now. They can actually do this a full time job not just at nights and weekends after working 40+hours to make a living. The old fights weren't ever fair. You knew who was going to win ahead of time and you were just waiting to see how much the underdog got the crap beat out of him.

Well they certainly did clean it up alot . I miss the days when the guys weren't mixed martial artists . To see a grappler vs. a kickboxer or Jujitsu vs. Karate....man that was fun to watch !

Back