tyres (again)

dddd

Registered
I'm fairly happy with the performance of the std bt015 except for the mileage I got out of the back tyre (2500 miles and its shot). I'm thinking of replacing it with a duel compound tyre , either pilot powers 2 or bt016 hoping to get the same level of grip but more mileage.
Could anyone who has swapped from the std bt015 to either of the above please comment on how they found the level of grip and mileage in comparison

I like the pp2cts but your riding habits will really dictate the wear on a tire..2500 isnt really all that bad if your really riding

just wanted to add,dont be sold on the "grip" unless your on a track,the terrain will dictate the grip of any tire,theres sand,loose gravel,oil...etc on open roads

Last edited:
I got a set of 016's for 199.99 last fall from Cycle Gear but haven't put them on yet. I'm hoping the same as you.:thumbsup:

I got about the same mileage out of my stock Stone rear & put on a BT016. The grip is better, but I will have to wait to see about the miles. I noticed that the front end tends to come up rather than so much tire spin on the stock rear. I fully expect to do better on mileage, but I do tend to twist the throttle with gusto.

I still don't see how anyone can only get 3000 or less out of the factory tires. Is every ride a drag race? I got 5000 miles out of the BT015s on my Busa, and that included a track day and many miles of canyon riding.

I'm fairly happy with the performance of the std bt015 except for the mileage I got out of the back tyre (2500 miles and its shot). I'm thinking of replacing it with a duel compound tyre , either pilot powers 2 or bt016 hoping to get the same level of grip but more mileage.
Could anyone who has swapped from the std bt015 to either of the above please comment on how they found the level of grip and mileage in comparison

Pilot Road II rear will provide the longest tyre life and sufficient grip for track on amateur level in a fast group. It is however no problem to flatten any tyre on a Busa in less than 2500 miles if one makes wheelies and spin the tyre frequently. The PR II tyres also have enough grip in the mid section to make wheelies. Personally I can't say they have less grip in any situation than BT015.

Last edited:
I got 5k out of my 015 rear, getting ready to mount an 016 on her now.

This is my Pilot Road II rear after 5700 km's (3540 miles). The bike is driven on the rear wheel once or twice and a couple of WOT accelerations every day, and has received a few unwanted tyre spins. I'm sure it will last about 7000 miles, which is good on a Busa and I don't try to be nice (or brutal on purpose) to the tyre.

FILE0009-1.jpg

FILE0012.jpg

This is my Pilot Road II rear after 5700 km's (3540 miles). The bike is driven on the rear wheel once or twice and a couple of WOT accelerations every day, and has received a few unwanted tyre spins. I'm sure it will last about 7000 miles, which is good on a Busa and I don't try to be nice (or brutal on purpose) to the tyre.

FILE0009-1.jpg

FILE0012.jpg

Wow...that is pretty good!

I have now a pair of BT015's - Hayabusa specific - and i'm very happy with them. Like them more than the 016's i had before. Much better feeling and confidence at full lean, better grip and traction. Mileage... BT 016's :1864 miles... live in the mountains... I like turns... and turns... and turns...BT 015's in two or three month i'll say how it was...

i have BT016 on rear now, 2450miles and 2-3mm thread left
BT016 is good tyre

this season i will use metzeler Z6 G and E
and metzeler M3

i put michellen pilot power 2ct on and get 3500miles and way better grip and feeling from the rear.would never put a bridgestone tyre on my busa.all my driving is on roads with lots of corners as no freeway where i live

Back