Tyre Mileage

Italian Trev

Registered
Now I'm twiddling my thumbs and waiting for my K8 bike to arrive I've been thinking about how long my first set of tyres will last.

On my BMW GS I can squeeze around 12,000miles out of a set of Metzeler Tourances - something tells me a Busa tyre wear might be a bit more severe
laugh.gif

The bike will coem with Bridgestone BT 14s

So - how many miles can I realistically expect to obtain before the tyre is scrap - my riding style will probably be pretty relaxed - hopefully
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Hard as He!! on tire rider! Got 5K on stock 014's 08 moded 198 RWH dyno, Down 2 teeth on driven spkt and will still roll on wheelie @ 60mph.
bowdown.gif

Well, I don't know about my Busa yet. But the qualifiers I had on my VFR only lasted a bit over 3000 miles on the rear tire.

Depends on your riding. I've seen less than 2,000 riding hard all the way to 6,000+ taking it easy with a few spirited runs...
cool.gif

Think most people get between 4000k to 5000k out of the rear tire. and 6000k to 8000k on the front.

new busa tyres(BT15) will last no more than 6000km with calm riding....
older busa tyres lasted me 10000km (Bt56)

Ok, so I'm not on a Busa, but I am on a GSXR1K and I just got 8k on my rear tire (same type of tire Wag uses on his Busa)

I'm lighter, less torque on the bike, and I'm not as experienced a rider as Wag, but I do a good job of catching him (eventually). He usually gets about 4k.

--Nanwags
cool.gif

I'm at 2900 miles and don't have much tread left. I live in Houston, so it's a lot of slabbing before you get to the twisties. I won't get more than one more ride (300 miles) before I will replace it. That was about normal for my '02. Most I ever got was about 4500 out of an Avon sport touring tire.

I bearly have put 1200 miles on my Zephyr and I already got the rear tire flat...got pinched by a nail!

Daaaaarn!!!!

sad.gif

Ok, so I'm not on a Busa, but I am on a GSXR1K and I just got 8k on my rear tire (same type of tire Wag uses on his Busa)

I'm lighter, less torque on the bike, and I'm not as experienced a rider as Wag, but I do a good job of catching him (eventually).  He usually gets about 4k.

--Nanwags  
cool.gif
I got 4500 on the rear Bridgestone Battlax that came on my GSXR 750.

SLAPPA99
laugh.gif

After riding that MONSTER wave of torque today on my first EVER ride on a Hayabusa I'm not sure if I'll do so well on tyre mileage but I don't really care - THIS BABY ROCKS!
super.gif

From my experience with my buddies 02 busa it seemed to be every 4k to 5.5k miles on average with some goof'n around on them. So I would expect some of the same thing from the new one. One my 02 1k I get 5k to 6.5k and the front lasts twice as long.

Never got more than 4,000 her in flat land FL...center always goes first...too far between any twisties.

I have 3000 on mine and tire looks good. Only small amount of wear so far.
Time for another oil change :-) aaaaahhhhhh plastics again :-)

Nan is much smoother on the throttle than we are, Ray. Her tires show it! Or not, as the case may be!

biggrin.gif

I got 170 on a sticky tire my first track day.

Usually, around 4,000 like she said.

--Wag--

Back