twotone is heading for Ohio!

Good to hear Nick. I hear it was mostly wind damage. I really hope its not as bad as it was here during the ice storm.

You were here during our ice storm about 5 years ago? Man that was a disaster. I live smack dab in the middle of that storm. Lost my thruck to a big butt tree on the way home in the storm. took me 6 hours to cut, push and drive over the downed trees. they were falling at a rate of one every 15 seconds. you could here them snapping all over the place. I ended up getting within a mile from the house, parked the truck where i THOUGHT it would not get hit and walked home. took 10 hours with 6 guys and chain saws to get back to that truck..3 foot oak uprooted and landed dead center over the wheels of the truck bed..I was even on the news! LOL Be safe out here and let us know where you end up.

You were here during our ice storm about 5 years ago? Man that was a disaster. I live smack dab in the middle of that storm. Lost my thruck to a big butt tree on the way home in the storm. took me 6 hours to cut, push and drive over the downed trees. they were falling at a rate of one every 15 seconds. you could here them snapping all over the place. I ended up getting within a mile from the house, parked the truck where i THOUGHT it would not get hit and walked home. took 10 hours with 6 guys and chain saws to get back to that truck..3 foot oak uprooted and landed dead center over the wheels of the truck bed..I was even on the news! LOL Be safe out here and let us know where you end up.[/QUOTE

The storm of Christmas Eve. Leaving at those time are when it is extremely difficult to explain to your kids.

Yeah, that sucked. It was late 04 early 05. We didn't have power for days. It sucked.

be safe bro. if your driving through indianapolis holler out. I'll treat you to lunch. You have to eat ya know:thumbsup: If your coming via. 70 you'll be 10 min. from me.:beerchug:

They've been without power for about 24 hours now. But I thought they had Cinergy Power, unless that's a part of AEP :dunno:

Cinergy is not part of AEP. Sometimes when working away from home, when we finish getting our own customers back on, we will be routed to other utilities for mutual assistance. Same as others do for us. Kind of the un-written rule for Electric Utilities.

The storm of Christmas Eve. Leaving at those time are when it is extremely difficult to explain to your kids.[/QUOTE]

Every area has at one time or another had teams from other areas come to their aid in times like these, we were so thankful to everyone who came to the rescue. we went 12 days dipping water out of the well and kerosene lamps. Good for family bonding, but we came thru that ordeal with the help of "Heros" like you!

LOL, not a hero bro, at least I dont feel that way because they pay me. But I do love my job. You have a sense of accomplishment when you turn around and see a whole city lit up after being off for a week. People feel like their life can continue then. What breaks your heart is the little old lady that has no where to go and she is just about gone. Getting her lights back on may mean the difference between life and death, especially when its 15 or 115 degrees.

Last edited:
LOL, not a hero bro, at least I dont feel that way because they pay me. But I do love my job. You have a sense of accomplishment when you turn around and see a whole city lit up after being off for a week. People feel like their life can continue then. What breaks your heart is the little old lady that has no where to go and she is just about gone. Getting her lights back on may mean the difference between life and death, especially when its 15 or 115 degrees.

Modest man our friend her is.

be safe bro. if your driving through indianapolis holler out. I'll treat you to lunch. You have to eat ya know:thumbsup: If your coming via. 70 you'll be 10 min. from me.:beerchug:

Chris, I would love to stop, but I will be part of a convoy of utility vehicles. Can we all eat with ya? :laugh:

:rofl: You would not want to eat with some of those guys anyway, some have bad habits. :whistle:

I am in dayton and work close to the natti it is crazy up here we are in a state of emerency there are so many down lines its retarded I have been without power for two days we got like 80mph winds things up here arent built for that wind we are build for snow and ice. FYI traffic lights out everywhere.

Back