Two miles of speed without pigs (uk)

G

Heres the deal...

On Sunday 10th September Straightliners will host a 'run what yer brung' round at RAF Elvington just outside of York.

Now in '99 when I was Dragging the Exup I was running regular 10.70s with a best of 10.67. This track has a really good launch and even better, if you are on the left you can run a 2mile flyer through the traps to see wether your 'Busa really is capable of rocking 200mph. last year I saw two standard 'busas run well over 200 with their mirrors removed!

I am sick of being wasted on the Exup by Blackbirds at this event so lets live up to 'HAYABUSA' and dine out on a few plump Honda Shitehawks.

There will be a rolling dyno too so we can all really piss off zx12 crybabies

Its massively cheap and you wont see so much methanol burning fun for a long time

Lets own the two miler

the steeley eyed missile man

WHO IS WITH ME

E-mail on - shawsie@supanet.com for more info

Sounds great! Wish they had that here in the U.S. We have to use about 6 people with cell phones to set up a run like that. There used to let the riders know when the police are about to arrive. Ride Safely!

We were there 3 weekends ago NABD or something similar

2 mile stretch??? I couldn't see it!!

After the strip, the air field turned to hedges as far as I can remember!!

Going to the Pod this sunday if you are interested??

DaveP is coming down from York way, FK might be, if he's not whimping out....

Nuts ;)

Numbnuts you must have been somewhere else. I am not patronising you but Elvington is just a little way out of York, has a fab Air museum cos its basically a second world war bomber airfield. The two mile strip is famous and Straightliners run here every year. Take it from me you will love it! Take the left lane and when the guy at the christmas tree holds up th 'F' nod yer head mate and hit the rock and roll button when the tree says go(but mind on that the last quarter mile is for stopping in before you hit the embankment!). I did a good few 1/4 mile runs(loads of grip off the line- its concrete you see) last year but they really dont do a two mile blast justice . We must go. We must kill blackbirds. We must own the strip (and the mobile dyno). You good people of Blighty let me know if you need further info.
OOOH YES nearly forgot this will be a good chance to see which colour Rhino is quickest too(my moneys on the black and red- classy looking, always seem to be riden by the best looking blokes who are seriously well hung). Or im I getting confused with a bleeding pig on heroin.
Numbnuts answer my other posting - where are you from man?

Mr lucky

Hi there Mr Lucky. I was there on the last bash and it was deffinately worth the trip. I have no I'll be there. I'll have just come back from me hol's, after a seven day stretch with a bike between me legs I'll be keen to get some serious time in.

Mr Lucky

Bedfordshire

Sorry about the delay...network down for 3 whole days!!!

We were at Elvington on the sunday, RWYB, no one showed me no 'F' or nothin'.....perhaps they just didn't like the look of me!! LOL

Might be able to make it next time, and you can intro us to the 2 mile dragger yyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!

Nuts ;)

Back