Two Brothers X-Metal

Krieg

Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at buying a Two Brothers C5 exhaust in X-Metal and was curious to find out if anyone had seen one after the color shift to amber? Anyone have one on their Busa? Anyone know what the Db level is on a Two Brothers exhaust? Anyone know what sort of HP gain Two Brothers should get me? Thanks in advance for your input!

I have the C-5 X-Metal bolt-on's. Can't speak to the DB level or HP gain as have not measured either yet. However the sound is awesome! They are deep, rumbly, and bring out the sound of the cam at idle, IMO. It's pretty hard to tell when you are in front of the exhaust during a ride, but I have been told that the sound just hits you in the chest by several other riders when you wind it up and go by.

Check out my website http://www.justintime2.com/pages/1/index.htm or click my "WWW" button on my post to see some pics of them. The Busa is on the front page if you scroll down a little bit.
smile.gif

Oh, the way it looks in the sun light is pretty impressive. I am thinking about changing it to a full 2-Bro's 4:2 system.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085333063 -->

Thanks for the responce and the links to your photos! You have the same '03' I have and I am now sure I want the x-metal. They look fantastic and accent the gold calipers and stanchion tubes. Where did you get yours?

Thanks for the link. I found another place www.starcycle.com that has them for $650 including shipping. I am only interested in putting a bolt on set on my bike so I may be interested if the price is right. What would you want for yours? Are they in "like new" condition?

what's the difference between the C2, C4 and C5 dual systems?

nevermind...i read it on the site
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|BlueBusa04
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085427467 -->

Dual systems look nice and exactly what I'm lookin' for...decent price too on starcycle. I'm also curious about what the dyno would have to say about them.

I'm gonna write two brothers and see if they can provide any numbers. I'll keep you updated!

Cool. I would like to hear what they have to say about the HP gain. I just got back from my local Two Brothers dealer and after talking to them I am sold. One of the guys had Two Brothers on both his bikes and said he would never have a different system. One of his bikes was a Night Hawk and he has had the cans on for 5 years and said they were still like new with only one repacking. Another guy there said he had a Two Brother bolt on and replaced it with a high mount full system, sorry forget which one he said, but he said the Two Brothers bolt ons gave him more HP than the full system. He also said he knew two guys 929's that both ran Two Brothers and they loved them as well. They both said the sound was a low rumble and awsome. They had a stainless can there to look at and I was very impressed with the finish and the cnc machined end cap is very nicely made. I also got my local dealer to give me the StarCycle price so I can't see a reason not to go with them.
cool.gif

Just checked out the Two Brothers site, http://www.twobros.com/ , and they have a dyno chart up for a ZX12 that shows a 6 HP gain with a slip on system. Wonder if it would be similiar on a Busa?
rock.gif

OK I just called Two Brothers and here is the word I just got from them. On a 2003 Hayabusa you should get 3 to 4 HP gain, a titanium set will save you 8 pounds and carbon fiber or x-metal will save you 7 1/2 pounds over stock cans and the x-metal turns very golden over time and he said looks very nice with the gold stanchion tubes. Forgot to ask about the Db level:O

Thanks for the link. I found another place www.starcycle.com that has them for $650 including shipping. I am only interested in putting a bolt on set on my bike so I may be interested if the price is right. What would you want for yours? Are they in "like new" condition?
Yes they are in "new" condition with about 2800 miles on them. Let me know if your interested, $500 to your door. I still havn't made up my mind but will when you let me know if your interested. They are awesome quality and I love the sound. But with a PCIIIR already I am thinking about the full system.

Hey fellas, I have the full system on my '99 copper 'Busa.  It looks great but be warned it is very loud.  At low RPM's it has a low burble sound that is very sweet, but it wails on top!  I will be getting a full dyno tune with it and a power commander in early June and will let you know how it does.  I don't plan to modify the airbox other than to seal the ram air system using the pre-made inserts from Schnitz Racing and the BMC street filter.  I don't think the TRE is necessary for me and I like my low end strong so don't want to carve out my flapper valve either.  My bike is actually featured (last I looked) on the TBR website as I was the first to mount it with a centerstand (at least that we know of).  Ryan, their chief sales guy, was very fair with pricing since it was an educational opportunity for them.  I do have to say that the juncture of canister and pipe requires silicone (as per directions) because it is not a very tight fit, and it will shake itself loose and break the seal.  Also, you have to be carefull with any of the TBR carbon fiber canisters melting.  I have some discoloration around the flanges just from stop and go traffic.  From a strict durability standpoint, you will be better off with a titanium can, but the X-Metal does look very, very cool.  I'll post the tune-up results as soon as I have them.  Good luck out there!

<!--EDIT|dirtbikebusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085621669 -->

Hey fellas, I have the full system on my '99 copper 'Busa.  It looks great but be warned it is very loud.  At low RPM's it has a low burble sound that is very sweet, but it wails on top!  I will be getting a full dyno tune with it and a power commander in early June and will let you know how it does.  I don't plan to modify the airbox other than to seal the ram air system using the pre-made inserts from Schnitz Racing and the BMC street filter.  I don't think the TRE is necessary for me and I like my low end strong so don't want to carve out my flapper valve either.  My bike is actually featured (last I looked) on the TBR website as I was the first to mount it with a centerstand (at least that we know of).  Ryan, their chief sales guy, was very fair with pricing since it was an educational opportunity for them.  I do have to say that the juncture of canister and pipe requires silicone (as per directions) because it is not a very tight fit, and it will shake itself loose and break the seal.  Also, you have to be carefull with any of the TBR carbon fiber canisters melting.  I have some discoloration around the flanges just from stop and go traffic.  From a strict durability standpoint, you will be better off with a titanium can, but the X-Metal does look very, very cool.  I'll post the tune-up results as soon as I have them.  Good luck out there!
4:2 or 4:1?
rock.gif

Pair removal?
rock.gif

Thanks!

rock.gif

OK I just called Two Brothers and here is the word I just got from them. On a 2003 Hayabusa you should get 3 to 4 HP gain, a titanium set will save you 8 pounds and carbon fiber or x-metal will save you 7 1/2 pounds over stock cans and the x-metal turns very golden over time and he said looks very nice with the gold stanchion tubes. Forgot to ask about the Db level:O
Maybe 2 hp gain for any slp ons. Not much more. Cas are for looks and sound. The 2 Brothers cans do sound very good. I had a set of carbos a while back, very deep nad loud, but not overly loud

Cool. Thanks for the input Ninja Eater. Did the carbon cans hold up good for you?

Sorry, forgot to mention I have the 4 into 1 system. Ryan at TBR said it made the most power of their systems although I think the 4-1-2 might sound deeper. I was initially disappointed that the slip-ons don't add much power, and the response I got was "well, you know, anyone can make a can with a two inch hole in it." Good point. I still have the "pair" installed, basicly because the last shop forgot to remove it as per my request. Long story, don't ask. I may have it removed during the new tune-up, but I'm curious about a report I read that Lee Sheirts made more power with it on. If anyone can refer me to good data that shows an improvement without it, I'd appreciate it. Anyhow, I'll keep you guys "posted".

Back