Twist of the Wrist 2 - the DVD

Keith, huge fan of your work. Hoping to make it to one of your schools one of these days.

my two cents...
What I think what people are looking for is a another set of skills they don't know about yet. Do they exists? I don't know I'm not there yet. I would guess most of us don't have the basics down as well as we would have ourselves believe.

I'm thinking "known basics" vary from person to person. Anything about riding a motorcycle that someone immediately perceives, for whatever reason, would fall into this category.

I'm not exactly sure of what I picked up on intuitively and what was taught to me, but I do recognize that most of what I know about riding was taught to me by more experienced riders.

One thing I picked up on my own was where my eyes needed to be in order to not get freaked out by going fast.

just a few things I know I didn't figure out on my own...

Body position--know what i need to do but not doing it
Using the front brake--was told to only use rear brake while learning to ride
Line selection <--- always want to turn in too early
The entire concept of throttling on after steering is completed--was a "coaster"

All things that I recognize as being taught to me through either coaching or reading.

I think a good way to gather information on what the average person knows about motorcycling would be to have a questionnaire. It would be filled with basic questions about motorcycle control and distributed at the very beginning of an MSF course or maybe even given to children at school.

One thing I would like to see is a book specifically geared toward individuals who already have at least a basic understanding of the principles explained in twist 2. Not sure if I'm at the level to utilize something like that yet but I'm working on it. I'm always interested in anything I can use to boost my Track IQ while not physically being on the track.

Gary

Does the DVDs have subtitle (english) feature or even a closed-caption? Inquiring minds want to know. :whistle:

Back