TV show remakes

I just saw a commercial for a "new" Walker, Texas Ranger......

Really? They have to remake this show too...??

I never watched any of the remakes yet and am not planning on watching them...

There’s only a handful of shows that I watch that have commercials. I record them and FF thru the ads. I’m more into old movies. Better production, direction and acting.

There’s only a handful of shows that I watch that have commercials. I record them and FF thru the ads. I’m more into old movies. Better production, direction and acting.
When my grand daughter visits, she gets excited about commercials especially near Christmas...both her parents don't have TV as they use Netflix

I don't mind commercials as when they are on I can do other things..

To revisit my own thread......

My wife and I were talking last night and we listed all the remakes and there are a lot of them....

Hard to beat the original.

But I guess this generation never knew the original so it's new to them.....kind of like music...

Everything that can be sung about has been sung about and we've had every movie about everything possible so it must be a real challenge to put a different swing on the same old same old....

To revisit my own thread......

My wife and I were talking last night and we listed all the remakes and there are a lot of them....

Hard to beat the original.

But I guess this generation never knew the original so it's new to them.....kind of like music...

Everything that can be sung about has been sung about and we've had every movie about everything possible so it must be a real challenge to put a different swing on the same old same old....
Bi. Is it true? That the new Waker will be a trans person.

Great thread. Can’t think of any TV show remakes that are better, but movies, I can think of a few. I liked the Coen Brothers retake on True Grit, all respects to the Duke. Jeff Bridges and of course Hailee Steinfeld as the girl both nailed it. I thought the latest Doom was better too, but some will argue that none of them are good lol.

Great thread. Can’t think of any TV show remakes that are better, but movies, I can think of a few. I liked the Coen Brothers retake on True Grit, all respects to the Duke. Jeff Bridges and of course Hailee Steinfeld as the girl both nailed it. I thought the latest Doom was better too, but some will argue that none of them are good lol.
When it comes to the Duke, I'm a purist and don't think that should have been remade.

I did think the remake of 3:10 to Yuma was good though

I never watched any of the TV remakes-Magnum PI, Hawaii 5-0, Walker, Battle Star Galactica, etc....the originals were good-too good to be reimagined.

Some other shows have been remade so many times that it's hard to nail them all down....movies like "The Alamo, King Kong, the Magnificent Seven, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" for instance....

The remake of "Ghostbusters" with an all female cast was a bust.....there was nothing wrong with the first two and it didn't need to be remade.....now if they would have called it number 3 in the trilogy and identified the ladies as the daughters of the originals it would have flown a lot better....

Steinfeld, age 13 playing a 14 year old was certainly better than Darby, age 21 but Damon was just barely better than Campbell and Campbell was awful. Acting was not forte. Rooster was ‘around’ 40 but both actors portraying him were in their 60s.

Then we get the other side of the coin of all the TV shows that couldn't be remade...

All in the family, The Jeffersons, Married with Children, etc, etc, etc.......

One quote from Married with Children from an episode I watched last night "Pretty women make us want to buy beer, ugly women make us want to drink beer..." This was derived from the neighbor Marcie asking Al how a pretty woman needs to be in a beer commercial......

Back