TV commercials get real old

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
Does anyone else find it real bothersome to really be watching a movie and have it keep stopping to show you all the latest drugs or car insurance commercials? I mean really look at how much of our time / life is wasted on the trash. And the worst part is people pay a cable bill - You actually pay them to take your time to advertise to you .. I remember when cale tv first came out it had no commertials :thumbsup: I dont and wont have the cable even if its free. but my girlfriend does . And I ask her how many hours of our lives are going by to watch the commertials? Even at 1 Hr a day x7 =7 a week or 360 hours a year !! That at just 1 hour a day ! WOW
what say you?

Well I onlyy watch what I want when I went to with Netflix , and if I can't have it that way I won't watch anything at all.

I just had this convo with the wife...2weeks clean and sober.

But its the summer and there is other things to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

That why if you watch tv at all, a dvr is mandatory. Cause out of every long hour show 20 minutes of it is commercials literally,So nice being able to skip right over them.

That why if you watch tv at all, a dvr is mandatory. Cause out of every long hour show 20 minutes of it is commercials literally,So nice being able to skip right over them.

^^THIS^^

I can't remember the last time I actually watched a show at it's actual show time.

This is what I normally do, mainly because I work nights. Every once in a while im able to sit down and watch "live" tv and it drives me nuts having to wait on the commercials. Enough so that I usually go do something else while it is recording and come back to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ridiculous. On some of the movie channels they edit the movies down, and I swear you get as much commercial as you do movie, and just think everytime we buy something we pay for those commercials :laugh:

My satellite box has got a hard disc in it so a lot of the time I record a show or a film and just fast forward through the commercials as it drives me crazy watching the same ads time and time again.

You think you've got it bad, you should try the afn commercials we have to deal with. Yuck!
Posted via Mobile Device

You think you've got it bad, you should try the afn commercials we have to deal with. Yuck!
Posted via Mobile Device

He is right, AFN commercials are ridiculous, but they are better than they used to be 10 years ago.

At home we don't even have cable or satellite. We only watch television shows on Hulu, Netflix or another means of streaming video.

Other than Game of Thrones, True Blood, and The Walking Dead (when they're on!), I don't watch much TV.

Has anyone notice that the volume on the commercials are higher than the actual show? I read somewhere they do that to get your attention back to the tv, since most people start talking or do something else durring the commercials...:whistle:

Even with the DVR - knocks the wind out of World Super Bike racing always hitting the fast forward button.

not sure what id do w/o dvr. i dont watch much tv...mad money and the history channel. maybe some discovery stuff. thats bout it. everything else is netflix. cant wait for dexter season 4 to come out.

Back