Turn signals

houstonbussa

Registered
What would keep turn signals from working? Fuses are good. I also swapped out the turn signal/kick stand relay. Still have the same results. No signals at all. Power to the relay seems to be 13v with the switch on and 0 when not. There is two leads that run a constant 13v. The after market gauges on there are powered by that same circuit and the gauges have no lights. (the needles and original gauges power fine. Just not the dial overlays)

Any ideas?

Pull the free downloadable manual and pull up the schematic. Simple circuit. The return / negative / ground on these bikes are black with a white tracer. It could be as simple as a broken or loose ground. There's a connector in the tail. You would check for voltage there. Obviously this voltage will come and go. It sounds like you have an issue since your gauges aren't lighted as well.

| | | |
. | | |

This is the pinout I have at where the turn signal/kickstand relay plugs in. Going to number them as follows:

1 2 3 4
. 5 6 7

With my volt meter, I place red on 4 and black on 7 I have a constant 13v dc. If I turn the flashers or the turn signals I also have 13v dc keeping red on 4 and moving black to 6. I have no other readings on any other pins. (Of course kick stand is down while doing this.)

Does anyone know what's suppose to come across these pins at what times?

Back