Turbos, Nitrous - Why?

OB_robino

Registered
Can NOS be installed on a stock(pipe, airbox, etc.) 'Busa without damage to the motor? Are the Busa pistons forged?
Is there a company(NOS, Compuserve, etc.) that makes a kit for the stock 'Busa?
IS THERE A SITE THAT I CAN STUDY THIS MORE?

I see from many of the posts that some people are adding turbos, nitrous oxide injection, mapping, etc. and have some questions. Beside the fact that you have impressive dyno numbers, what else do you do with these bikes? Are you drag racing them? Is anyone aggressively sport riding the bike with these setups and actually using the power? Aside from the high speed runs made on the interstate, I can't beleive you need more power to sport ride. Stock, this bike wheelies in at least 2 gears, without effort, runs to 160 indicated in 5th gear, handles great for it's size, you know the rest.

Most the NOS applications you see are for drag racing or top speed runs. Your not going to see anyone out sport riding just spraying a little nitrous here and there. Most the time when you see the NOS you know their racing for some money...

It will all become clear the first time you run up against one on the street and try to stay ahead of it. After a Turbo bike nothing else will satisfy. My new Busa is fast for a factory bike but, certainly not fast in comparison. For years I modified normally aspirated engines with all the normal tricks and spent a small fortune in the process for relatively small gains. Then one day I did a roll-on with my friends GSXR Turbo and have never looked back. They are not for everyone and not certainly not the simplest project but,if you want something you can be afraid of,Turbo is the way to go.

That makes sense, what about turbo's? Wouldn't you have to run a different class when drag racing at the track or are you guys bracket racing?

Turbo's run the same shootout class as the NOS bikes and the same bracket classes as the NOS bikes. When you look at the fastest streetbike shootout the top 5 bikes are all NOS. Although there are 2 turbo bikes in the top 15.

Back