Turbo vs Supercharger

Thats a bunch of blah blah. Unless you go through a corner at full throttle that would never happen. It works the same as a NA bike, roll the throttle back and the bike accelerates.

I did it once by accident... I was going around a corner in town, felt the bike stalling so I pulled the clutch and gas it a little gas - slid about a foot straight sideways...good times:thumbsup:

So does anyone know which would make the fastest bike? And i mean the worlds fastest 265mph ++ Supercharger or Turbo. On the would fastest cars it is Supercharger. I know the current record is on a turbo bike but could the supercharger do the same or more? I dont mean to steel this thred

Not an expert :shutup: I know :laugh:; but from what I've been told the new turbos on bikes spool up pretty quick and you really don't have the turbo lag that would give you a problem in a corner. Turbos are very popular vs. superchargers, but in my mind the supercharger would have advantages. From what I've seen they aren't as bulky as the turbos, have less heat related issues. Don't know if you can really say one out performs the other. Based on set up they will both add boost. Beyond a certain amount of boost both will require engine work. I'm also of the opinion that there's more experience with the set up of the turbo bikes. :beerchug:

For top speed turbo all the way :bowdown:
Curious as to which fastest cars are you referring to that run superchargers.???

So does anyone know which would make the fastest bike? And i mean the worlds fastest 265mph ++ Supercharger or Turbo. On the would fastest cars it is Supercharger. I know the current record is on a turbo bike but could the supercharger do the same or more? I dont mean to steel this thred

Damn right!

I don't have a turbo on my bike, just going by what people w/ them tell me. You're the 1st to say otherwise.

Anyone else here think it's safe, very streetable, and can justify blowing $5k+ on a turbo system just to ride around on the street with?

I've got an RCC stage 1. Smooth and predictable like the stocker. Yes, it moves when you twist the throttle but not in an unpredictable way.

Grabbing a fist full of throttle while cornering on a stocker can make life interesting too.

The biggest question is if your going to get rid of $6000 dollars, who is going to do your build? I would recommend someone well known from these boards and have your bike shipped there. They can tune it conservatively which will allow you to have a nice strong street bike that will last for thousands of miles. For what you want, I would stress the conservative setup for max reliability. On the street an extra 15 or 20 HP is not even noticeable as you have nothing to compare it too. You will just enjoy it as one quick ride! Good Luck.

was looking at videos, a turbo sounds wicked... a supercharger doesn't sound right... its horrible, but its faster at high speeds i think... im not sure tho.

Damn right!

I don't have a turbo on my bike, just going by what people w/ them tell me. You're the 1st to say otherwise.

Anyone else here think it's safe, very streetable, and can justify blowing $5k+ on a turbo system just to ride around on the street with?

He is def right anybody who says that is a RETARD....now if you go into the corner in full boost then hell yeah you probably will crash but most people would crash on a stock bike WOT in a corner on the street. Never knock a turbo until you ride one. If you ever get a chance to ride a turbo, quickly get off and go ride your N/A bike again....you will feel like somebody pulled 2 spark plugs out of your bike. I have a huge turbo and it doesn't boost good until 7K and below that it acts as a normal bike would. I street ride only just my OP. Supercharger would be neat...BIGCC racing makes them but turbo is more power for the boost and more of them out there and tuners for them

Last edited:
Back