Turbo vs Supercharger

matarmitage88

Registered
Hi All,

I have a 2008 Hayabusa with K&N, Power Commander and a full Tsukigi system which is exceptionally loud and sounds amazing.

Next it to add either a turbo or supercharger. I am aiming at approx 260/270bhp but do not know which way to go.

I have to consider

Reliability
Rideability
and sound is also important

Any experiences or suggestions?

Thanks

Mat

What are your plans for the bike (street, drag, LSR, etc.)...?

Either is going to run you about $6k setup properly... :beerchug:

I guess I have to ask...if for basic street use, why do you want 260 HP?
I know its nice to have..just asking.
I too would love to have 260 HP but dont need it all day everyday on the street. ITs a beast as it is. But for the dragracing...some motor/head work to get up to 200-210 HP then a wet 60 shot of NOS on needs would take care of my FIX:laugh:

I had to. :rofl:
I would definitely say turbo over a supercharger for the simple fact that there aren't as many builders or tuners that are around that can help you through problems that you may encounter while installing and tuning a supercharger. Plus nothing beats the sound of a turbo!

Turbo's are more efficient... Most cars nowadays that were offered blown from the factory are now turning over to turbo's... such as the Cobalt SS and many more. In all honesty man, it sounds like you should just hook up some NOS, so the power's there only when you want it. I'd hate to see what happens when you come into a deep turn and the turbo spools up and kicks out that back tire... Turbo bikes are great if you're on the track (or GhostRider) but that's about it. NOS kit is what? Around $600.00?

Last edited:
Turbo's are more efficient... Most cars nowadays that were offered blown from the factory are now turning over to turbo's... such as the Cobalt SS and many more. In all honesty man, it sounds like you should just hook up some NOS, so the power's there only when you want it. I'd hate to see what happens when you come into a deep turn and the turbo spools up and kicks out that back tire... Turbo bikes are great if you're on the track (or GhostRider) but that's about it. NOS kit is what? Around $600.00?

Ghost rider is the man :thumbsup:

Thats a bunch of blah blah. Unless you go through a corner at full throttle that would never happen. It works the same as a NA bike, roll the throttle back and the bike accelerates.

Ghost rider is the man :thumbsup:
Damn right!

Thats a bunch of blah blah. Unless you go through a corner at full throttle that would never happen. It works the same as a NA bike, roll the throttle back and the bike accelerates.
I don't have a turbo on my bike, just going by what people w/ them tell me. You're the 1st to say otherwise.

Anyone else here think it's safe, very streetable, and can justify blowing $5k+ on a turbo system just to ride around on the street with?

Last edited:
Back