turbo insurance

It doesn't have anything to do with the agent. The premium and coverages available vary depending on many, many, different items. Some of these items are specific to the individual such as their driving history, loss history, and credit report. Other items such as the number of claims filed within a certain area or zip code will vary the rate. All of this can, and most of the time does, vary by company. It all comes down to statistics. As others said, good advice is to shop around. Bad advice is to not tell the company. Most all major companies highly train their claim adjusters on what to look for. As soon as they see modifications to the bike that would have made it unacceptable you will be left with a jacked up bike, no money, and really pissed that you've been paying for insurance that is totally worthless.

Yea I want some kind of insurance for sure. Hope the day never comes but if I hurt someone else I want to know I have coverage. I have great credit and house,2 cars and bike with state farm. I am going to try and call TD insurance who might work with me. My friend uses them with his lighty moded sport bike. I never thought the thing holding me back from my 10 year turbo dream is some guy on the other end of the phone....:banghead:

If you tell your insurance company that your bike has a turbo they "should" gladly insure it. It's like telling inmate 54194 aka Bubba you always drop the soap in the shower when the lights go off. My wife is a lawyer and her best friend from law school has a father that retired from State Farm as one of the highest ranked employees in the state. Here is an inside tip, YOU HAVE JUST INSURED YOURSELF WITH A COMPANY WHO CAN WALK AWAY FROM HAVING TO PAY FOR A STOLEN TURBO BIKE. Read the fine print, I had to learn these things the hard way also. If you have it on paper that the bike is turboed you have given them proof that you have read ALL of the fine print, state statutes and understand that you are at the mercy of the insurance company. If it gets stolen you will need fight to get more than $8k for a 15-40k investment. The insurance companies will always tell you they have your back, after all they hang out with state polititions because they're cool.

Back