TURBO BUSA: LOW HP NUMBERS

Cecil_Stringer

Donating Member
Registered
The bike is a stock motor, .080 base gasket, water injected Velocity Racing Stage II dual ball bearing turbo set-up.
It has a 7.25 lb spring in the waste gate.

The dyno is a brand new DJ 250i.... sea level... low humidity... 75 degree air temp.

With the 7.25 lb spring, the bike showed 10psi on the gauge and produced <span style='color:Red'>205rwhp</span>.

With the second stage of boost reading 15psi on the gauge it produced <span style='color:Red'>301rwhp</span>.

The boost level holds solid at the gauge for the given setting (ie: it does not appear to creep).

Could my gauge be off by ~30%? And if so, are these numbers still LOW?

The bike runs strong and smooth.

<span style='color:Blue'>Why on earth would my HP numbers be so low?

What should I check?

Cylinder pressure???
</span>

Thanks!

Yes Johnny. Thanks to you I have learned.
super.gif

Air/Fuel is the target, horsepower is the by-product.
Mad`

what water jet you running? only run a 0.4 or something like that.... can't remember exactly the size.

The most important thing to be considered is your air/fuel ratio. What is it at 100% throttle from 5K to 10K? Nothing else matters without knowing your A/F ratio. Are you capable of logging your A/F ratio?
Mad`

The most important thing to be considered is your air/fuel ratio. What is it at 100% throttle from 5K to 10K? Nothing else matters without knowing your A/F ratio. Are you capable of logging your A/F ratio?
Mad`
Yes, I am capable of logging the A/F ratio... once we fabricate a holder for the dump-pipe.

This is go stuff to know...

I'll post up the findings.

And I do not know which jet (size) the water injection is using.... I do know it comes on at 6psi.

Back