Tulsa's Full Of Communists!

F=MA

Donating Member
Registered
Ha! Got you to look!

Stumbled upon this scene in Tulsa this morning:

AN-24 at TUL Low Resolution.jpg

AN-24 Crop.jpg

How'd you like to be in the pilot's seat when that nosecone goes up?

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing

Holy Freightliner haulin' Freightliner!! Nice pic, B! What in the world brought you to Tulsa? Flyin'? Riding? Killer day for it, around here. Little cool but nothing the leathers couldn't keep you warm for. Have a Good 'un! :beerchug:

Holy Freightliner haulin' Freightliner!! Nice pic, B! What in the world brought you to Tulsa? Flyin'? Riding? Killer day for it, around here. Little cool but nothing the leathers couldn't keep you warm for. Have a Good 'un! :beerchug:

Work. In TUL for twenty minutes.

Yes...The Antonov 124 is right up there with the C-5 (except the Antonov carries 25% more payload). Charleston A.F.B. is a fun place to visit sometimes. I've seen as many as four of these there at a time with a number of C-5's and freighter converted 747's and a plethora of C-141's. Billions of dollars of hardware within a single square mile...all dedicated to supporting our troops and the military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I always found it ironic that Russian aircraft were being used to support U.S. military operations in Afghanistan. What a cold-war story plot twist.

I still haven't seen the world's largest aircraft - the lone flying Antonov-225.

Last edited:
They have one thats even bigger that one is a 224 the 226 is much larger.They are also for rent so start planning your next birthday party now.

I can look out the window at my office, and to the left i see the flight line of the Charleston AFB, in the middle is the Charleston air port, an to the right is the dream liner plant for Boeing. They have 2 planes there called "Dream Lifters". they prety much were built to haul sections of the Dream Liner parts to a plant for building. Talk about huge. And the nose does not open up like the one above, but it swings to the left of the air craft like a door. Its pretty cool, will try to get some pics soon..

Oh and there are no more 131's in Charleston, everything has been replaced with C-17's.

They did some kind of training mission this week. about 15 came in at one time doing combat landings, as well as 16 Apachie choppers. Was a neat site.

Last edited:
I missed getting a shot of the Dreamlifter in CHS by five minutes one day. They park it back in an area where you can't get a shot of it from the airport property. We were following it in, but then the approach control decided to sequence a Cessna 172 between us...and the subsequent wake turbulence seperation standards required between the Dreamlifter and Cessna scrapped any opportunity I might have had to get the shot.

Maybe they'll be more opportunities once they really get production ramped up.

That plane is the Soviet knock off of the C-5 galaxy. They got hold of the plans and changed them a bit due to technical limitations in the former USSR. The landing gear being a major point of deviation between it and the C-5....

What’s your point Red? Come on, what’s your point? You have to have a point in raising a ten year old thread don’t you,:confused: and listing a link to another seemingly (dead) thread? WTH? Howbout a splaination?:D

Back