Trike

I saw a shop putting gen2 motors in a Can-Am Ryker reverse trike.
I'de do that if I was unable to stay on 2 wheels for any horrible reason.
I'll hang up my helmet when I'm dead.

4wheelers/quads are road legal in England.
I see a shop there puts R1 engines in Raptor 700's.
I'd go for that now...almost seriously did a couple times. But they aren't street legal in my state...and all I need is 1k power through the woods, lol.
I really do, but rocket acceleration clipping a tree in a slide isn't so sensable for me anymore...sadly enough.

Old and crotchety. I'm going to build this. Neener Neener :moon:

hayabusa-trike-4.jpg

hayabusa-trike-5.jpg

20161005_307.jpg

I am looking into triking my Buse because IF i can't have my right knee replacment opp until my heart problem is sorted. I think i'm going to find it hard. I sold my zx14r because the weight got to much on my knees, But once i have my left knee replaced i was able to take the weight of a big bike again (18 months after opp).
I stopped riding for 2 years when i sold my zx14r, but it was the zx9r that got me back on 2 wheels because they are light.
But now my right knee is getting worst. It will cost me around £10,000 GBP to trike my Busa.

I am looking into triking my Buse because IF i can't have my right knee replacment opp until my heart problem is sorted. I think i'm going to find it hard. I sold my zx14r because the weight got to much on my knees, But once i have my left knee replaced i was able to take the weight of a big bike again (18 months after opp).
I stopped riding for 2 years when i sold my zx14r, but it was the zx9r that got me back on 2 wheels because they are light.
But now my right knee is getting worst. It will cost me around £10,000 GBP to trike my Busa.
What do the BRP Spyders run over there?

If they are more inexpensive, one of those might be the way to go as I've heard they are pretty well set up.

I would never trike my Busa because it wouldn't be a Busa anymore both literally and figuratively (dynamic, leaning into turns) IMHO. However, I would gladly rock a sidecar either on the BMW or get an all-new setup. Frankly, if I had room in the garage I'd have one now to take my girls (dogs) on road trips. As for the Busa, I would find her a good home with someone who will treat her properly.

That sucks. There was a guy on here who had a paraplegic Busa setup who was selling the parts. Maybe you could just use the feet for landing assistance?

PS: you could always take them off when the other knee is rehabbed.

What do the BRP Spyders run over there?

If they are more inexpensive, one of those might be the way to go as I've heard they are pretty well set up.
A couple of guys in a riding group I ride with from time to time have those and they are pretty cool. Not as fun as a bike but they have about 75% of the motorcycling fun in them.

A couple of guys in a riding group I ride with from time to time have those and they are pretty cool. Not as fun as a bike but they have about 75% of the motorcycling fun in them.
I talked to a guy who used to ride a Gold Wing and he found it to be just too heavy when loaded and 2 up...he said his Spyder has everything the Gold Wing had but is easier to maneuver

Back