TRE

ksheldon

Ex Rookie
Donating Member
Registered
Can anyone that's running a TRE give me some input on them.
Does it improve throttle repsonse ?

Thanks

Well I found the throttle was more crisp when you crack it hard from low RPM with the TRE. Without the TRE there is a delay before the RPMs jump.

I'm getting one...but haven't used it yet. From what I've read it does improve throttle response in 1-3 gear under 5k or so. i'm sure others will post here shortly highly praising the TRE. I have yet to hear anything bad about it. There is also alittle clip to read on the TRE on Hayabusazone.com there is a non-turbo version of the TRE on there.

I actually had someone (who drag races their busa) that the TRE ended up slowing them down. I would love to hear more if anybody out there has any comments on that one.

I'll bet the reason for the drag bike slowing down is that the rear wheel probably hooks up easier with retarded timing in 1st gear. The harder accelleration with TRE is probably not good for launches. Less advance = less tire slip and a little better launch. This is my speculation of course and not necessarily fact.

I'll bet the reason for the drag bike slowing down is that the rear wheel probably hooks up easier with retarded timing in 1st gear. The harder accelleration with TRE is probably not good for launches. Less advance = less tire slip and a little better launch. This is my speculation of course and not necessarily fact.
I'll take that bet
suspect.gif
suspect.gif

Try again.

suspect.gif

hummmm... i heard the TRE only changes the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 6th gear... (at least for the 2001 model)

On 5th and 6th gear it's only the rpm/speed limit, on 2nd and 3rd is the power delivery between 2000rpm and 6000rpm... this might be a specific TRE, but didn't heard nothing about the Busa being limited in 1st and 4th gear...

does the TRE also help with the power gaps around 3Krpm? I've noticed mine is a little sputtery around that engine speed, which kinda sux for around town driving
rock.gif

I guess it eliminates that kind of situation. I'm thinking about buying one to have full power on my bike, but in here (Portugal), you just can't find it easily...
sad.gif

Speaking only for the 2001 - the timing is retarded in 1st and 2nd gear as stock. And, of course, if you approach 186 mph. I verified this on a dyno.

I installed a SLJ ATRE on my bike, and dynoed it in several configurations. With all gears "mapped" to 4th I found that the slight torque dip that I had around 3.5 to 5 K RPM was flattened out. On the road, there is a noticeable improvement in throttle response in that region in those gears. I have noticed that it is slightly more wheelie prone with the ATRE enabled as well.

In regards to the comment about the bike launching slightly better with the OEM timing, why not? It used to work in my car...

I'll try it next time I have the Busa at the strip.

Mike

I think i'll love the "wheelie prone"
smile.gif
I 'm always complaining that I only get that on 3rd gear when I'm driving in full throttle. It'd be fun to get it on 2nd gear too, and of course in 1st even without making any tricks to get the wheel on the air. Oh, by the way, is there a "wheelie prone" on 4th gear too?!
smile.gif
:):)

smile.gif

I got a question for you Johnnycheese, Can I buy a TRE and put it in my 03' without remapping? All I have installed is the Yoshi bolt ons...... Or would you recommend installing a power commander first?
1zhelp.gif

I´ve just bought a TRE from http://www.pro-libertate.com
And my question are,do i have to make any changes in my
mapping on the PCII??Or can i just adapt it without any changes?
                  //Robnek
Hey Robneck, I'm also in Europe, and I also wanted to buy a TRE. I wuz on the site you told but didn't found any TRE for sale there... Let me ask you one more thing: is it recommended to have the power commander II to install the TRE, or can I skip it? (maybe you can give me some advises to this since I guess in Portugal people DON'T know what a TRE is!!!!!)

I´ve just bought a TRE from http://www.pro-libertate.com
And my question are,do i have to make any changes in my
mapping on the PCII??Or can i just adapt it without any changes?
                  //Robnek
Hey Robneck, I'm also in Europe, and I also wanted to buy a TRE. I wuz on the site you told but didn't found any TRE for sale there... Let me ask you one more thing: is it recommended to have the power commander II to install the TRE, or can I skip it? (maybe you can give me some advises to this since I guess in Portugal people DON'T know what a TRE is!!!!!)
Hi!
The TRE can you find if you look at this adress http://www.pro-libertate.com/gsxr1000/J__Products/JSD/jsd.html

I have been asking around regarding these question and it seems that,to get the most out of the TRE you should have a PCII another exhaust and air filter on your bike.

But still many guys that haven´t done any other mods.than the TRE says that the bike goes smoother and better.
(But i guess that depends on who you ask!!).

Hopefully i will get my soon so i can try it on the bike before the winter is here.(It comes early in Sweden,you know).
I was also in contact with a guy at Power Commander and he told me that i don´t have to do anything with the mapping of the Power Commander
biggrin.gif
//Robnek

Thanks Robneck...
I've been there in Sweden (Stockholm) 15 years ago and I really liked it. It's green and clean
smile.gif
and lately I've seen some crazy stuff from there (VERY CRAZY): "Getaway in Stockholm" series and the unbelievable "Ghost Rider" (is he human?
rock.gif
).

But getting to the subject again:
I already bought the Ivan's TRE in EUROPE - if you want to buy it too you can go to www.inter-bike.co.uk (they say they'll deliver it in about 4 to 7 working days)... It was not the cheapest price i've seen but i prefer to buy it there. I also bought a new double bubble screen for added confort in trips.

Should I buy the PC II now?? It's not so cheap, but that's not the real problem... the exhaust system IS the problem!
On pro-libertate site I've heard about the home-made air filter mod... that is the cheapest of all the mods
smile.gif
smile.gif
have you tried it?

And last... but not least... what will I do with the speedometer?!? maybe it will crash if i drive over 300km/h...

So this is what would be recommended by this time:
- TRE
- PC II
- Air filter mod or new air filter (?)
- Exhaust system (is Yoshimura nice? Leo Vince? Muzzy?) -
 heard that Yoshi exhaust system increases 6HP to the bike...

Besides that, the bike is prepared to support the increase of the top speed isn't it? Don't need to lower links, change drive chain, etc, etc... right?!?!?

Wow... lotza money involved  
AAAssjani.gif

Regds,
L4G

smile.gif

smile.gif

Back