TRE (Timing Retard Eliminator) ?

L4G4RT0

Registered
I'm reading a lot of messages about TRE's and turning off the limitations of stock Busa. Well, I don't even know where to find this stuff in my country (Portugal), and even worse: I don't have a clue of which one is the best TRE available in the market - if there is one that we can say is the best.
As I am not a mechanical, I don't know how to install it, so I guess the best thing to do is to buy one and pay for an installation, right?
And now, the most important part of all this post: can you give your opinion about which is the best TRE available in the market? I heard some have switch to turn on-off, some have nice programmable gear re-map and so on and so on...

Hope to read from you soon to give me a hand on this one
smile.gif

L4G4RT0

as far as i know they all do the same thing some you can switch off and on but i made mine with a switch and just leave it on all the time if you buy one that has the molex plugs that fit the factory ones it is easy just unplug connect both ends to the factory wire and your done .....easy

just take off the seat the two bolts for the tank and lift the tank up and on the left side is the plug that looks kinda triangular shaped with 3 wires that is the plug

check on ebay can find them from about 15 to 40 dollars

good luck ......
cool.gif

Before doing anything, what is your year of bike. The TRE does not work on an 2003 yet. 01' is out 02' is out on the market but you need to buy the right one for the right model.

i did write about this on the general forum , i did see on the dyno on my 2003 313,5 km/h having the switched tre (JSD) installed, so i guess it works with 2003

Don't waste your money on the Atre (The programable one) I have friends that have that one and they don't like it they are trying to sell them no buyers yet? They have put their Ivan TRE back on just plug it in and you are ready to go. But there are others and some you can make I don't know how hard it is to get the components there ,but you said that you are not a mechanic so the Ivan might be your best bet

Heheheh, here we go... some like the ATRE, some hate it... some like the Ivan's TRE, some hate it
smile.gif
Life's a b#####

Anyway, mine is the '01 model and I really hate the speedometer hitting 280km/h (173Mph) in 4th speed and then... well, then i have 5th gear hitting 300 (186) and... no more... (argh).

I think i'll try the easier to install...

I "put" a TRE (who knows from what year..) on my 2003. It does the RPM drop thing with the clutch pulled in at 2k...but it sure doesn't seem to run any better in any gear......the Busa is soooo much slower than my 2001 gixxer 1000...what a disapointment.

Mike

Maybe your TRE is damaged or something...
sad.gif
have you seen the "Ghost Rider" movie...? He has a Gixxer 1000 and it runs nice, but i can assure you that a Busa well tuned (like that Gixxer seems to be) would have better performances in straights (of course). Anyway, if I didn't had a Busa, I would have had a Gixxer
smile.gif
Well, but i still don't have a TRE... I have a friend very talented in electronics, maybe he could build one for me, but I don't have a manual to build one... anyone has?

Hey if you send me a self addressed stamped envelope I'll send you the resistor and instructions, and your friend can put it together for ya...

Thanks dezzy7, but i'm in Portugal... that's the only problem. the best way 4 me to trade info is by net
sad.gif

Zeus or who ever has one looking to sell or where can I buy one. Im looking for the ATRE the programable one for my 02 busa and one for my 03gsxr600. If anyone has one for sale or knows of a place I can pick 2 of them up please email me at
gnx168@aol.com. I would greatly appreatiate it.

Thank you all

Anthony

Zeus or who ever has one looking to sell or where can I buy one. Im looking for the ATRE the programable one for my 02 busa and one for my 03gsxr600. If anyone has one for sale or knows of a place I can pick 2 of them up please email me at
gnx168@aol.com. I would greatly appreatiate it.

Thank you all

Anthony
not to sure why you would need a TRE or ATRE for a 600?

Here is a copy of an email from the guy that builds the ATRE, in response to some Q's I had. This piece is a little more expensive but worth the money IMO.
biggrin.gif

The ATRE does remove the top speed limiter in 03 models when programmed to remap all the gears to 5th gear. It will work similar to the normal TRE with the exception the the signal is actively controlled as well as ensuring that the neutral map is not affected, thereby ensuring that the ECU built-in protection features remain operational.

Regards,
Paul

justintime_2@hotmail.com wrote:

Thanks for the info! Have you ever verified that the Active TRE eliminates the top speed restrictor on the 03' BUSA? There seems to be allot of confusion on the internet about whether or not it does for that year.
Thanks, JT!
----- Original Message -----
To: justintime_2@hotmail.com
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 4:43 PM
Subject: Re: Active TRE question

Hi JT,

Firstly, thank you for choosing our product to enhance the performance of your motorcycle.

To answer your questions:

I have a ATRE FED-2007 on a 2003 BUSA. My question is, if powered down, but still plugged in, what will the effect be? Does it revert back to factory settings of the bike or the ATRE?
If you remove the "Power Connector", then the ATRE will revert to the original factory settings and not manipulate any signals. This is a fail safe mode of the unit.
Please ensure that you leave the "Signal Connector" plugged in at all times. If you remove the Signal connector, then the ECU will not receive any information from the gearbox's Gear Position Sensor.

Thanks, JT!
Also, is there a way to make it re-map only 6th?
At this stage it is not possible, although we tried to cater for most options initially when we created the product. It is important to bear in mind that the performance enhancing features of the ATRE are also for the timing of the first 3 gears to ensure better throttle response, especially for town riding/lower speeds. However, if the user wishes to eliminate to factory speed limiter, then the user will have to program all gears to be remapped to the 5th gear.

I trust this information answers your questions. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,
Paul Felix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pfelix@mweb.co.za
Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel: +27-(0)11-683-6778 (home)
Tel: +27-(0)11-708-3570 (work)
Cell: +27-(0)84-334-7694
Fax: +27-(0)11-708-3590

The reason I asked the Q about being able to remap only 6th for the speed limiter removal is, if it was an option you could use the PCIIIR with the addition of the timing advance changes in the map to fix 1st-3rd timing retard along with the ATRE for top speed restriction elimination. The only problem left would be the PCIIIR adding the timing advance in 4th and 5th gear which you dont need. If this guy could create one that allowed the option of 6th only and the PCIIIR could do mapping by gear, then we would be in heaven and this debate would finally be over, I think!

Back