Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trailer wiring to truck

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Ok so i have the tow hitch and such on my truck but no wiring so I need to buy a wiring kit and wire it up. Not worried about it much as I am pretty good with wiring. Does autozone or somewhere sell a kit i can buy and wire it up? Or do i need to buy the wires and a connector? Starting to do all my research as I am most likely getting the trailer monday :thumbsup:

Nvm found one. The autozone search just wasnt working very well. Ended up finding it in similar related category event though i put in the exact words for the item :poke:

What year of vehicle? Most newer vehicles are wired for towing and you can just buy the wiring kit that fits your vehicle. No splicing or cutting of wires. I have ordered and installed two hitches from:
Hidden Hitch, Reese, Putnam, and Da'lan Trailer Hitches Online at Discount Prices

Both were perfect fits with plug in harnesses. One was for a 2007 Honda Pilot the other a 2002 Isuzu Trooper.

Ok so i have the tow hitch and such on my truck but no wiring so I need to buy a wiring kit and wire it up. Not worried about it much as I am pretty good with wiring. Does autozone or somewhere sell a kit i can buy and wire it up? Or do i need to buy the wires and a connector? Starting to do all my research as I am most likely getting the trailer monday :thumbsup:

What year of vehicle? Most newer vehicles are wired for towing and you can just buy the wiring kit that fits your vehicle. No splicing or cutting of wires. I have ordered and installed two hitches from:
Hidden Hitch, Reese, Putnam, and Da'lan Trailer Hitches Online at Discount Prices

Both were perfect fits with plug in harnesses. One was for a 2007 Honda Pilot the other a 2002 Isuzu Trooper.

08 Tundra Dbl Cab. That looks interesting... May be easier than splicing some wires....

Uh oh...when I used the site find a harness for your car it said "See vehicle manufacturer". I'll look around some more and see if I get the same.

Top Bottom